Intel Core i7 980X Tested

Bosco

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kind of surprised at the design of the stock cooler. Looks to be fairly decent if you don't plan on overclocking it.

The review kind of makes me want one.. till I realize I'm planning on spending about that much on an entirely new computer. :lol:

Btw, any word on the 6 core AMD chips and a possible direct comparison?

I'm kind of surprised at the design of the stock cooler. Looks to be fairly decent if you don't plan on overclocking it.

The review kind of makes me want one.. till I realize I'm planning on spending about that much on an entirely new computer. :lol:

Btw, any word on the 6 core AMD chips and a possible direct comparison?

I will be testing the cooler in an upcoming review head to head with some other coolers.

It is expensive but Im sure it will sell well to those who normally buy the Extreme chips anyhow. $999 for a 6 core 12 threaded beast verses the i7 975 with 4 cores and 8 threads! ! Can go wrong

Soon!

Guest ajmatson

Very nice review. I would love to get my hands on a 6 core beast even if I don't need the power. :)

Edited by ajmatson

I guess you didn't read the review???? Other then gaming pages?

i dont think he meant YOU as in YOU personally. i believe he meant in order to get good use out of this, SOMEONE would need to do rendering/multimedia stuff.

by YOU he means anyone who uses it.

nice makes me excited for the 970 i believe the model is? which ever is the 920 equivalent to this 6 core model. that one would be more in my budget

don't hold your breath. intel is the only player in this category and they dont' really have a reason to release cheaper 6cores