NVIDIA GTX 760 Reviewed

Bosco

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good review, even if only 5 games.

Should I get this or a 7870?

I'd go with a 760 after seeing this review. I've always liked NVIDIA's drivers better, and the performance is spot on for my needs and economy. 

Good review, even if only 5 games.

I'd go with a 760 after seeing this review. I've always liked NVIDIA's drivers better, and the performance is spot on for my needs and economy. 

I wanna see what they sell for, mustn't bee too much since AMD has that game bundle, I wonder when they'll appear in shops

Lovely offerings by the card.

Cooling is listed as a con, but I can't understand why.

Partners of nvidia will come up with way better cooling than the stock which will normalize the heating part.

And a very good launch price by nvidia.

I smell a price-drop in AMD cards.. :P

Definitely this one over HD7870, specially after going through the review.

Partners of nvidia will come up with way better cooling than the stock which will normalize the heating part.

If it was to say "stock cooling", would that make you happy?? I mean if it's a con it's a con, you can't give it a pro for 3rd parties coming along in the future to rectify the problem :P

Edited by IVIYTH0S

If it was to say "stock cooling", would that make you happy?? I mean if it's a con it's a con, you can't give it a pro for 3rd parties coming along in the future to rectify the problem :P

:withstupid:

Reviews are done based on what the reviewers are presented with, not based on speculation of what may come in the future.

@d6bmg  Reference card cooling is a con when you see it as the warmest card in the comparison. Part of this at stock speeds is the adaptive temperature controller doings its job minimizing fan speeds to deliver a reduced noise signature. However it still is the warmest when the fan speeds are pushed to 100%. Look at the size of the cooler and that is a basic copper plate aluminum fin design and it is almost as basic as you can get. Nothing is wrong with it its just that NVIDIA has been doing much better on their latest cards. Yes the partners like MSI and ASUS to name a few will come up with awesome custom builds this is a reference card not one with a custom PCB, VRM and massive dual fan cooling.   

@ Dan the Gamer, If you only realized what went into pulling the data for each card you might understand why I have 5 games, 1 Tessellation test and 3DMark.  I no longer just fire up fraps and let it rip!  Using FCAT tools is a more time and process intensive process from start to finish but gives a more well rounded look at what the card does across dimensions. Fraps is still widely used and does what it needs to do, report the frames generated by the game engine rather than what you see on the screen. We have chosen to show the result at the end of the pipeline. Its what you as the gamer sees on the display. That we feel is more important than an FPS result that does not jive with what the game experience actually is. The price is $249 as listed for the reference card. Custom cards are currently selling for a $10 premium  at $259 with no price gouging.  

^^^ Ok, got your point.

If it's that hot, then nvidia might come up with v2 or something.

Not sure that's really necessary. Does anyone actually buy direct from NVIDIA? Of course that's assuming it's due to a crappy cooling solution and not because the GPU and/or memory chips get excessively hot.