Time for a HTPC Build

Crazy_Nate

Ahhh, interesting. Yeah, I hate those square holed fan grills though I don't think I'd think to go to the length you did to remove them. :lol: Should look great, looking forward to seeing it.

Well, the actual removal isn't bad. Dremel out the area, file the edges smooth, and sand or remove the burrs. If you don't touch the outside paint, you can use as paint pen (or sharpie) to just touch up the edge and you'll be set. I just wanted to go all the way.

The textured powdercoating is quite durable...I attempted to scratch it with a screwdriver while assembling (on purpose, I swear!) and not a mark! It's not indestructible, however, it can survive a lot of wear and tear than wet paint would have failed at.

Almost there...I've got about 35 pictures to resize and upload ;)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That turned out pretty damn good, I quite like the mild matte speckled look to it.

Yeah, I like it. I kinda wanted it to be unnoticeable, if you get my drift. Sleek, robust, etc etc. Also, the textured black powdercoat is pretty difficult to get wrong. It just looks awesome :)

Looks great man, very nice. Loving the matte finish, best way to do it imo.

Now we just need pics of all the internals. :P

:lol: I'll be probably getting those at the end of this week or the beginning of next.

There will definitely be more pictures :thumbs-up:

Just purchased!

SILVERSTONE FN81 80mm Case Fan

ASUS Maximus III GENE LGA 1156 Intel P55 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders

15' DVI to HDMI cable

120mm fan grills (wire / black)