Cooler Master, DEEPCOOL, Noctua, and Thermaltake CPU Cooler's Revi

Bosco

Good Review seems like the Thermaltake water cooling setup is extremely similar to the Corsair H100 in terms of cooling.

Yeah they are VERY close but the Water 2.0 is quite a bit less loud at full speed. It is more expensive but the built in fan controller is awesome!

For the $35 price premium over the H100 it still makes more sense to get the H100 and add 2x Scythe Gentle Typhoons ( total cost $5 more ish after the fans ) then you have the TT Water 2.0 beat in everything. For $15 more ( total cost ) than the Water 2.0 you can get the H100i with Gentle Typhoons so I am not really seeing TT's justification of the price here.

Another big thing for me is I bet TT used their own fans on that rad which to me, from past experience is not a good thing by any means. I would never use a TT fan in any machine I build and if they came or free with anything I got, I'd give them away and spend the $10 - $20/fan to get something I can actually rely on. I know some people have had good luck with TT fans but more often than not people seem to have issues with TT fans from what I can see.

I say get an H100 or H100i and just put some Scythe or Noctua fans on it and call it a win.

On another note, I actually am surprised to see TT finally producing a competitive cooler for once in the last decade. Even if it does fail on pricing in my eyes.

Last cooler I owned from TT was the Volcano 12 on my then beastly AXP setup but even that had it's issues like the needing lapped right outta the box. AFAIK they haven't really made anything that wasn't overpriced or of lesser quality to comparatively priced products that was worth anyone's money and the Water 2.0 seems to be no exception to my personal observations.

TT has come a long way from concave and piss poorly finished cooling surfaces, constantly failing/loud pumps and fans but they still have a good ways to go, especially when they can't seem to get price points right.

I don't mean to be harsh on TT but I was surpsied and actually amazed by the TT W2.0E results, till I looked at the price then I was disappointed and underwhelmed.

The built in fan controller is pretty good and the block performs better than the H100...so with the same fans the Water 2.0 would perform better and have the added benefit of the automatic fan control that you can customize.

Well, I have a TT 2.0 Extreme (of course, I never use the stock fans), and it can get an i5 2500K up to 4.9GHz with highest load temps getting to 79C or 82C (with fans set for quiet operation), and while not better than custom watercooling, it does a good enough job. Unless you get a great overclocking chip or run a lot of voltages to get it to 5.2GHz to run 24/7 while keeps temps low (for example, I had a custom watercooling setup where load temps with an i5 2500K at 4.9GHz didn't go higher than 64C), this is pretty much all you need. With better fans, and not set for quiet operation, you can probably get a lot cooler temps.

How long the thing will last, though, is another issue. :dunno:

Well, the H100i performs better than the H100 with identical fans http://www.kitguru.net/components/cooling/henry-butt/corsair-h100-h100i-performance-comparison-with-sp120-fans/4/ so where does that leave the costlier TT W2.0E? The H100i has the added benefit of being able to be software controlled.

Don't even get me started on TT's W2.0E 1-year warranty on a product they obviously have no faith in or it'd get a longer warranty. Kinda like the H100i's 5-year warranty.

Part of my feelings on the TT W2.0E are from past experiences of TT products sucking ass out of the box and while this one seems to do good, it does so at a higher price than it's competitor, lesser warranty, poorer performance and well, it's TT so it has that going against it but that last part is my own opinion :)

Until someone can prove this is a better investment than a cheaper H100i I would not recommend it to anyone. Do a side-by side with the TT W2.0E and H100i with identical fans then post that review and I'll shut my mouth if the TT actually beats the Corsair but I doubt it. Course if it does beat it, I'd want to see which one is still running in 3 years ;)

The H100i has different fans than the H100. They use the same high CFM low noise fan used on the H60 I just looked at. That and Corsairs newest pump head and tubing used are the primary differences between the H100 and H100i. The more efficient pump head and fan are the reason for any performance improvement. To say they use the same fan and one performs better than the other based on just that change is as false as it gets. TT's Water 2/3.0 are built from an Asetek design with the 3.0 using a Gen 4 pump head assembly much the way Corsair is doing on the H110 and H90. Putting that in perspective I have to give TT some slack in the 2.0/3.0 product stack as they really are just an Asetek rebrand. Asetek is used as the OEM for plenty of server based liquid cooling solutions as well as one offs and most of the self contained liquid cooling solutions on the market so longevity should not be an issue even with the 1 year warranty.

Actually, if you read that review I linked in my last post, it shows the H100 and H100i equipped with identical fans to get a fair comparison of how much better the H100i actually is. I never said they came with the same fans at sock because I know they don't.

If someone has an H100i and a TT W2E and they can use the same fans on each, we'd know if the TT W2E is really worth it.

I would still pick the H100i over the TT W2E regardless as the H100i has a 5-year warranty vs the W2E's 1-year and if someone has to pay $150 for a cooler, they should get a good warranty if the product is worth it.

The main reason for the improvement over the H100 is the is the pump head design introduced on H100i. Surprisingly they moved to the Asetek design on the H110 and H90, with a 5 year warranty so that should say something about the longevity of the Water 2.0/3.0.