PC restarts 3 seconds after its turned on

I had a project to do so needed a friend's i7 and i swapped CPUs. 

When i powered the system on, it turned on for about 3 seconds then it restarted on its own. It kept on restarting till I took the power cable out.

Tried to turn the second PC on and it has the same problem

My Pc specs : 

- P8P67 pro

- i5 2500

- cfx MSI 7950 twin frozr 3 

- XFX pro series 850W

- 16 GB corsair vengeance 

Friend's PC specs : 

- MSI z77a-g45

- i7 3770

- MSI 7950 twin frozr 3

- Crosair CX 750W

- 16 GB kingston hyperx blue 

I took his i7 and RAM for a render project and this happened after i swapped the CPUs. 

What could be the problem here ? Any solution you guys could suggest ?  

Does placing your 2500 back in cause it to boot normally??

I third the bios update, though since that's not it...I mean is it the even rarer case where your board can't supply enough power to the 3770K?

Also I'd retest the 3770K back in your friends machine to check and make sure it is not bad. Check for missing pins too.

Did you pull your motherboard battery/restore factory defaults *before* throwing the CPU in there??

I keep my BIOS up to date so its not an outdated BIOS version problem im sure of that.

When i replaced my friend's CPU back in his board it still wouldn't turn on. I cannot honestly make any sense out of this situation. 

What I did notice tho is that when I insert a ram stick in dimms 3 or 4 or both the system wouldn't boot and keep on doing like what i mentioned earlier. However, if I placed both ram sticks in 1 and 2 ( consider the first dimm the one on the left and closest to the CPU , so 1| 2| 3| 4| ) the system boots normally .. I managed to go in windows and everything like nothing had happened. I tried re-putting a RAM stick in the other dimms ( 3 and 4 ) but the system wouldn't boot again, removed that stick in 3 or 4 and the system booted normally.

So its the RAM dimms? Could there be a problem with those ? 

No there is no molex connector, and it was actually harder because i spent the night working on the project, I knew it would take a whole lot of time so I couldn't just stay there. Swapping the components would have been the easiest way. 

The system is working now but still same problem If i put the ram sticks in position 3 and 4. No dice and still don't know what is happening 

Why not just have him borrow your whole computer and then borrow all of his??

Maybe, raise up the DIMM voltage a tad and try all the sticks again.

Did you revert to factory defaults??

That's what I was hinting at , sounds like it would have avoided some problems .