Greetings!

kennethk

I came across this website when searching for advice about new parts.

I'm still learning about hardware but seem to have a nice passion for it.

But anywho, I'm no one special. Bit of a horror story when I made my first build it blew up on me popped, and smoked on me 4pin completely melted off.. Safe to say I was pissed over it but in the end I thought it was a great way to start my path in building PCs. :P

Hopefully one of these days I can join you guys in the OCing world, my next build may see a 8350 cpu a friend said that it's possible to OC to 5GHz with that chip.

But anywho hope to talk to some of you guys. :)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, only been here a couple days and I can tell this community is a bit chilled and seems to be understanding that not everyone knows what you know which seems to be a bit of  a problem with other communities out there. :)

Welcome to OCC :) and feel free to ask about anything, we will do our best to assist you in building a great system. Can you start by listing the parts you are considering?

:cheers:

Right now all I have picked out are the cpu/mobo the rest I already have or still looking for a slim case that fits a gigabyte 7950

Qty. Product Description Savings Total Price
11-119-265-13.jpg
COOLER MASTER HAF series RC-902XB-KKN1 Black Steel body, Front Mesh, Plastic bezel ATX Desktop Computer Case Item #: N82E16811119265 Return Policy: Standard Return Policy     $99.99
13-130-679-07.jpg
MSI 970A-G43 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard Item #: N82E16813130679 Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
Protect Your Investment (expand for options)    
-$3.00 Instant $69.99 $66.99
19-113-284-02.jpg
AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD8350FRHKBOX Item #: N82E16819113284 Return Policy: CPU Replacement Only Return Policy
Protect Your Investment (expand for options)    
  $199.99 Subtotal: $366.97

Hopefully one of these days I can join you guys in the OCing world, my next build may see a 8350 cpu a friend said that it's possible to OC to 5GHz with that chip.

Being a bit optimistic there hey  :teehee: You'd probably need a custom water loop to get 5GHz stable and cool on a FX8350

But welcome :)

Being a bit optimistic there hey  :teehee: You'd probably need a custom water loop to get 5GHz stable and cool on a FX8350

But welcome :)

Eh I'd be happy with 4.6ghz not as if it would make a huge difference  :wave:

I like the case choice, it's not small by all means lol so make sure that fits your definition of "slim case".

For the mobo, not sure about that MSI, why the 970 NB? You can get the 990FXA-GD80 V2 for less and it's 990FX. Otherwise for an extra $40 you can get the ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z which is a very solid board that will get you higher overclock.