New SSD, not recognizing old HDD :/

AndresP

Guys i had this WDC 1 TB hard drive, and now my new SSD Corsair Super GT SATA 3 60gb arrive, So.. i reinstalled windows, formatted the HDD, i coudlnt format SSD cuz i think it was already clean, installed windows into SSD, and now on my computer there's no HDD only my SSD :/ on my BIOS it does recognize the HDD, i can even see it on Device Manager.

i read some threats about going into disk management and enable it, but on disk management all i see is my SSD that's it..

do you know what is the problem??

Did you try unplugging the drive and plugging it back in while in windows?

Maybe open up device manager and check if it's there. Scan for new hardware changes (maybe clean off the old WD 1TB drivers)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Maybe open up device manager and check if it's there. Scan for new hardware changes (maybe clean off the old WD 1TB drivers)

took sata cable and power cable and nope..

its in device manager, i can see my HDD on BIOS, but i cannjot see it on my computer or disk management, so i cant make use of it...

Edited by AndresP

its in device manager, i can see my HDD on BIOS, but i cannjot see it on my computer or disk management, so i cant make use of it...

Did you remove the old driver(s) for it and then scan for hardware changes??

one thing you could try is go back into the bios and have it boot from the cd-rom driver first.   put in your win 7 disk and act like your going to reinstall windows again.   it should give you an option to format the disc, you can see if your 1tb drive is there and reformat it again to see if it will show up in windows.    

If all else fails if you have a second computer or a friend try putting it in another computer and see if it shows up, if it does then reformat if not then there other problems with the drive.

one thing you could try is go back into the bios and have it boot from the cd-rom driver first.   put in your win 7 disk and act like your going to reinstall windows again.   it should give you an option to format the disc, you can see if your 1tb drive is there and reformat it again to see if it will show up in windows.    

If all else fails if you have a second computer or a friend try putting it in another computer and see if it shows up, if it does then reformat if not then there other problems with the drive.

i like your idea, ill try that, HDD is not dmg, i doubt that, minutes ago that was my main Hard drive. when i installed windows 7 i saw both and formatted the 1 tb, ill try to reformat it again..

Did you remove the old driver(s) for it and then scan for hardware changes??

how do i remove old drivers? i mean i reinstalled iwndows all over again, the only change was that i installed windows on the SSD not on the tera.

MAN I LOVE YOU XD! haha no homo!

i try to reinstall windows, so i had this UNLOCATED DATA something like that on the HDD i couldnt format but i clicked on NEW and made a partition of the same amout of Gbs so it changed name to Partition 2 i pressed back, back and back til canceling windows installation and now i have it on My Computer with 931gb free of 931gb :P:woot:

When you first loaded windows on the ssd you must have deleted the partition of your hhd, which is why it wouldn't show up in windows, glad you got it working.

Didnt know that.. NOW Guys 

i heard that to work 100% and SSD must have TRIM and AHCI, 

ACHI is enabled in BIOS but i have no idea where is TRIM..??

anotehr question do you know a program to test if my ssd is working properly?

When you first loaded windows on the ssd you must have deleted the partition of your hhd, which is why it wouldn't show up in windows, glad you got it working.

Trim will enable itself

define working properly?

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Trim will enable itself

define working properly?

that is as fast as posible.