The Official "You Know What Really Grinds my Gears?" Thread

Onion

Carburetors on "performance" cars. :tongue:

So no Ferraris, Lambos, classic muscle, etc? Herp derp.
Okay fine. Modern performance cars or modified cars.

Better? :lol:

Carburetors on "performance" cars. :tongue:

So no Ferraris, Lambos, classic muscle, etc? Herp derp.
Okay fine. Modern performance cars or modified cars.

Better? :lol:

But its not modern lol.

Did you stop reading halfway through? :pfp:

I don't see why a modified car shouldn't have a carb. What if I were to install a short throw shifter on a classic El Camino SS? It's got carbs and a 454, and its modified because I've "modified" the shifter. I see nothing wrong with carbs. I also see nothing wrong with an SR20DET swap. :D Or an LSx. Or one of the million other swaps people do with these cars, like a 350Z V6, which weighs about 250 lbs less and makes more power. 

Engine mods on a carbed car are generally nowhere near as useful as one converted to EFI + computer controlled ignition (even with almost no mods).

I'll reiterate. This car is less modified than mine. Plenty quick for me to have fun with it, which is what matters. I'll take carbs and those stunning good looks over a more common car with EFI (especially one as fugly as a Miata) any day. 

Edited by Onion

What really grinds my gears? I signed some 2 amendment petition back and january, and feeling extra pissed i wrote a letter to the white house. Well the bit that grinds my gears is that it took 3 months to get a canned bs response email thanking me for being interested in the well being of our nation. It didn't even comment on the topic of my letter. That response could have been sent to any of a million letters or petitions. They say they want to be accessible? They want to hear our opinions? Bull. Atleast my senator and rep write me letters, letters mind you, within days. and it takes the all powerful executive office 3 months to flip me off? :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :vmad:

To be fair, your senator doesn't have 400 million constituents...

• Like 1

I'll reiterate. This car is less modified than mine. Plenty quick for me to have fun with it, which is what matters. I'll take carbs and those stunning good looks over a more common car with EFI (especially one as fugly as a Miata) any day.

Nevermind. :rolleyes: