Black Friday is creeping up

Renigade

It seems like the black Friday deals sense 2008 in the stores have been garbage.

I have never done Black Friday on line.

I thought maybe a few of you E-Dealio-Wizzards could pass along some sage advise for a first time Black Friday E-Dealio-NuB.

I am looking to spend $100-$125 on either an SSD or just a reg ole HDD something in a 64MB cache drive for my son-in law. Any (suggestions) pearls of wisdom? or nuggets of avoidance?

I'm a huge fan of Amazon deals but for many of them you have to be on top of it to catch the deal. They also some really good deals on other pc related parts that even Newegg can't touch. Make sure to look for "Special Deals associated with this deal" or whatever the exact wording is because sometimes they offer some really good things like $50 and up giftcards. And if you're an Amazon Prime member that is free 2 day shipping on 95% of their stuff. They are also a LOT easier to deal with than Newegg on returns ...on many items.

Wooooo! For once Amazon UK is doing Black Friday deals this side of the Atlantic! biggrin.gif

So you're getting discounts for a holiday that exists because your country was a jerk? :lol:

I need a cheap PSU and possibly mobo. I am trying to get someone to pick me up one of those 2500Ks for 99 bucks and I want to build a home server. My goal is to make my own cloud server so that I don't have to worry about not having enough space on my SSDs and such. :thumbsup:

I need a cheap PSU and possibly mobo. I am trying to get someone to pick me up one of those 2500Ks for 99 bucks and I want to build a home server. My goal is to make my own cloud server so that I don't have to worry about not having enough space on my SSDs and such. :thumbsup:

Ooo that sounds like a great Idea! What kind of set up you looking at?

Ooo that sounds like a great Idea! What kind of set up you looking at?

It ain't going to be pretty since I will mostly be using scrap parts. A nzxt gamma case, 8GB of gskill 2000mhz, MSI z77a motherboard with an i3 3225 cpu, a 60GB agility 3, a corsair cx430 watt psu, a 500gb laptop hard drive, and possibly a dvd drive.

Right now the CPU and mobo are 150 after rebate and I am hopping to get the cx430 watt on black friday for like 25 bucks or something.

Then it will be a matter of using linux.

Like I said, it won't be pretty, but I have everything other than the CPU/mobo/and psu.

It ain't going to be pretty since I will mostly be using scrap parts. A nzxt gamma case, 8GB of gskill 2000mhz, MSI z77a motherboard with an i3 3225 cpu, a 60GB agility 3, a corsair cx430 watt psu, a 500gb laptop hard drive, and possibly a dvd drive.

Right now the CPU and mobo are 150 after rebate and I am hopping to get the cx430 watt on black friday for like 25 bucks or something.

Then it will be a matter of using linux.

Like I said, it won't be pretty, but I have everything other than the CPU/mobo/and psu.

as long as it gets the job done. sometimes simplicity and functionality is just as sexy as water cooled Quad SLI 8 Cores and 36 Gigs and 500GB SSDs in Raid when simple backups are concerned. ok maybe not but simple and easy backups are definitely better then a sharp stick in the eye!