Batman: Arkham City

bp9801

You know the PC graphics are still better than PS3 at DX9?

You're denying yourself one of the best games this year because "oh no the eyecandy doesn't work."

I'm sorry to be harsh, but do you realise how whiny and pathetic that sounds? Enthusiast or not, preventing yourself from having fun because of aesthetics is completely and utterly daft.

Have plenty of games to keep me busy. Not worried. It's America last I checked so I am free to wait until its fixed. I am not depriving myself of having fun. I am just playing other fun games that work as advertised.

I bought the game through gamestop.. so for the life I can't figure out how to download the patch :P

Looks like it has to come down through GFWL or Steam. Can't find a direct download anywhere.

Edited by InCrYsIs

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Danrik.. I have been playing on DX9 ...

I bought the game through gamestop.. so for the life I can't figure out how to download the patch :P

Apart from that, the game runs fine.. Love it so far.. Can't wait for the next game if it was a hint during VGA last weekend.. It looks nice still better than the consoles..

Same here I got mine at Target and I can't find out where to get a patch.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here I got mine at Target and I can't find out where to get a patch.

It patches through GFWL as long as you're signed in to a Xbox/GFW Live account.

I finally got around to beating this the other day. There was only one problem i had in terms of performance and that was in the boss battle where you fight

the joker in the steel mill with the one armed clown, the titan henchmen and the trains

i had to turn physx off otherwise the game would drop to 8fps. I was using the 285.62 release drivers, not sure if its fixed in the 290beta drivers.

One thing about the ending was *major plot spoilers follow*

I found it quite sad. Not so much because of the jokers death itself. but more what he represented, his role in arkham asylum was so great and its a definitive end to the Joker as a villan in any future Arkham games. The end of an era if you will. Which really is a shame because I really enjoyed him as a lead villan. Mark Hamil's voice acting is so excellent. Everytime i think about Luke Skywalker voicing Joker im always in disbelief that the two are done by the same person

Also on the subject of the joker's death, IMO it was very well done. going into the game i knew it was going to be Hamil's last appearance as the joker so i knew they were going to have to kill him off. But throughout the game it does sort of give you a false hope that he'll live to face you another day. Especially with the whole clayface double joker thing. It was a nice unexpected curveball. especially compared to how others were killed off i.e. talia, Ra's, & Hugo Strange

overall not as good as Arkham Asylum in terms of pacing etc, although it is still a very good game. After i finished it i was definitely left wanting more. 9/10

Hmm it never said anything about downloading any patches but I will try to see if any version updates or what not..

So I finished the game yesterday.. and it said 35% complete.. How do you get 100% ?

I started doing the riddller stuff like rescuing the hostages.. rescued 2 .. rest I need more clues.. how do you get the clues?

Hmm it never said anything about downloading any patches but I will try to see if any version updates or what not..

So I finished the game yesterday.. and it said 35% complete.. How do you get 100% ?

I started doing the riddller stuff like rescuing the hostages.. rescued 2 .. rest I need more clues.. how do you get the clues?

I'm at 56% right now. There's a bunch of riddler stuff, plus extra bosses as well as some catwoman stuff.

you need to collect riddler trophies / solve riddles / complete riddler challenges to get more clues. To get the final clue i ended up needing pretty much 400 out of the 440ish trophies/ riddles.

To get to 100% you need to do all sidemissions, riddler challenges, etc I'm not sure but you might need to do new game+ as well.