How to connect 5 1/4 floppy to modern PC

ivangela

There are thousands of old programs to play around with and surprisingly in this age you can't find most of it on the internet.

That's no surprise, it's getting hard to find drivers if you want to install xp on a newer mb, and that os is only 12 years old, it's all a plot to buy newer os's from microsoft. :vmad:

Everything is a plot to get you to spend money lol.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but I don't even know why yo would bother, most mb's out in the last 2 years don't even have a floppy connector, and the disc's only hold 1.4 mb's of data when they did work and weren't very reliable.I think the last time I used one was to load windows 98. But good luck if you decide to do it. :wacko:

You still used floppies for Win 98? I have Win 95 CDs laying around! :P

Sorry but I don't even know why yo would bother, most mb's out in the last 2 years don't even have a floppy connector, and the disc's only hold 1.4 mb's of data when they did work and weren't very reliable.I think the last time I used one was to load windows 98. But good luck if you decide to do it. :wacko:

You still used floppies for Win 98? I have Win 95 CDs laying around! :P

Yup, me to, but you needed a floppy to get it to boot off the 98 disk, and to format the hd you had to use the floppy, you young bucks don't know how easy you have it today.LOL !

Edited by SpikeSoprano

Buying an external USB powered floppy drive should solve your problem.

Except that the OP is talking about 5 1/4" disk drives, not 3 1/2".

:)

Edited by Andrewr05

• 2 months later...