Gaming Rig - SLI GTX460 Hawk

Wallaby

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some pics that I just took, 10 minutes ago :)

my desk and my screen, on a forum that you all know, right there... :popcorn:

120105074844215811.jpg

my computer, in the darkness :)

120105074930423563.jpg

the Xilence fan control panel :)

120105075113734182.jpg

Get a mousemat! Also your pc looks cool :P

Just noticed you have the same phone as me from your first pics, didn't think anyone else still used one haha

Edited by Owenisbad

hmm I don't think I need any mousemat with an optical mouse :)

yeah, I've got a Samsung C3050, to be honest, I don't really like smartphones because of their touch screens which are not very convinient in my opinion :)

Edited by Wallaby

yeah, I've got a Samsung C3050, to be honest, I don't really like smartphones because of their touch screens which are not very convinient in my opinion

Yeah I don't see the point in them either :P

hmm I don't think I need any mousemat with an optical mouse

You don't need one, but I went from no mousemat to a steelseries qck and it was sooo much better

hmm guy do you think a mousemat will really increase my mouse's accuracy or something ? :)

I love my phone, it's very usefull, especially to listen to my favorite radio station every morning and every evening when I'm on my bus to go to school or to come back home :)

guys, tomorrow I'm gonna go to a computer shop which is quite close to where I live... :)

I'm going to leave their my laptop computer, for RMA, since it crashed.. and unfortunately, I can't repair a laptop... I can't buy any components such as a motherboard for a laptop..

I'm also going to buy some thermal grease, and I'll try to see if I can buy a new mouse. I just saw that they sell the Logitech Performance MX which is actually a great mouse, but, its cost is also very expansive.. haha I need to know what I want, and obviously, I want a new mouse, so I'll pay for it, even if it's not affordable at all :)

In april, I'm gonna go to the USA :) and I'm already getting ready for my journey :)

I bought a new SD card, an expansive SanDisk Extreme HD3D 16 GB (aditionally I also have a Transcend 8 GB, an other SanDisk Extreme 2 GB and a PNY 1 GB.. well, I'll be able to take a thousand pics and long videos :) )

and I also bought an aditionnal battery for my bridge camera Nikon Coolpix P500 which also records in HD1080P with stereo sound :)

12011310400622151.jpg

Edited by Wallaby

• 1 month later...

CHANGING ALL THE WAY!

Hi everyone!

Well I haven't been talking here for a long time! I'm back now with some great news concerning my lovely gaming rig :happy:

Since the end of February, I've experienced troubleshooting when trying to start and boot my motherboard DFI LanParty DK P45 T2RS Plus.

After days spent trying to find the problem, I finally found it some days ago, the BIOS circuit is actually defective, according to the user's manual I should send the mobo to RMA, but I considered that the mobo is actually quite "old" it dates back to 2007 and it would actually be better to buy a new motherboard with a new CPU than sending this one to RMA.

The fact is that when I try to start it, the mobo fails to start, start again, and start again, 15 or 20 times and finally manage to boot after a LOOOONG time spent failing to start, and, of course it loads the stock settings instead of my personal OC settings... well, it couldn't last more...

So I decided to change it all the way!

I've bought some new items on Overclocking-PC.fr and Hardware.fr (BeHardware.com for English speaking persons)

And this is what I'm going to get next week..!!! I can't wait!!!

It's gonna ROCK!

Intel Core I7 2600K

243265-intel-core-i7-2600k-box.jpg

(bought on Hardware.fr for €205)

Asus P8P67 WorkStation Revolution

1.jpg

asus%20revo.jpg

G.Skill Ripjaws X 4 Gb (2x2) PC3-17000

110413040902175227.jpg

(bought on Overclocking-PC.fr for €240 including mobo and RAM)

I'll receive my new components next week, and of course I'll post pictures of the new setup, right here :)

For the moment, I'm cleaning the computer's inside, it's just full of dust! I decided to dismantle the graphics cards and all the stuff, clean the GPU's and put some new thermal grease on them... I'll also post pics of that :)

so for the moment I'm using my laptop computer, connected to my Acer X223W screen, it's not very convinient, but it does the job :P

12030808191473694.jpg

You may also notice that I bought a new mouse :) I bought a new Logitech Performance MX 2 months ago, this mouse is just awesome, just so convinient and nice to use! I love it :)

And finally, this morning I went to the mall and I bought the expansion pack for BF3 "Back to Karkand", I also went to my habitual computer shop to buy a new thermal grease tube and I also bought some self-drilling screws for my Corsair H70 watercooling system whose screws are totally unusable...

We can also notice my "old" Q9550 at the top of the pic

120309114825749748.jpg

There is a great job to do now! :)

Talk to you later!

Bye from France!

Edited by Wallaby

Hi Wallaby :wave:

nice upgrade :thumbsup:

just a suggestion, if you have a usb keyboard, you can plug it to your laptop, like this it will be a little more convenient to use :whistling:

i hope i will see soon the new pictures :teehee:

hey :)

thanks for your answer,

unfortunately I don't have any USB keyboard, my keyboard is a PS/2 model... and there isn't any PS/2 connector on my laptop :ph34r:

Edited by Wallaby

hey :)

thanks for your answer,

unfortunately I don't have any USB keyboard, my keyboard is a PS/2 model... and there isn't any PS/2 connector on my laptop :ph34r:

Find someone with an adapter I have 3 or 4 floating around myself.