Fallout 4 rumors

DanTheGamer11

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ivy, it's a collection of the deciphered collection of morse code, code etc that showed up on the Survivor2099 website :)

Incorrect. It's proof that some people have way too much time on their hands.

Ivy, it's a collection of the deciphered collection of morse code, code etc that showed up on the Survivor2099 website :)

And that it's probably a hoax since the Survivor 2299 site is hosted in Poland, among other things:

"Reddit users have traced the countdown code to a Polish web developer, Krzysztof Furtak. The code is available publicly under the GNU GPL license. Does this explain the presence of Polish variables in the code? Maybe. It doesn't explain, however, why the site was initially hosted on a Polish server or why a multimillion dollar gaming company would use a GPL code when they have enough web designers of their own. A strong dose of skepticism is recommended."

"ZeniMax does not use GoDaddy for domain registration. They rely on the services of CSC Corporate Domains, Inc."

"The site references assets from the defunct Prepare for the Future website, rather than a new domain. Furthermore, it is possible to submit fake registration details while applying for a domain, allowing one to mimic a corporation"

"Another issue is that the supposed reveal uses the European date format, rather than American (i.e. days are in front of months, not the other way around)."

Basically, it's incredibly fishy. If Bethesda is actually outsourcing to a Polish company, it's doing things in a very weird way. I'd like it to be Fallout 4, sure, but I'm leaning more and more towards a very well done hoax.

And that it's probably a hoax since the Survivor 2299 site is hosted in Poland, among other things:

"Reddit users have traced the countdown code to a Polish web developer, Krzysztof Furtak. The code is available publicly under the GNU GPL license. Does this explain the presence of Polish variables in the code? Maybe. It doesn't explain, however, why the site was initially hosted on a Polish server or why a multimillion dollar gaming company would use a GPL code when they have enough web designers of their own. A strong dose of skepticism is recommended."

"ZeniMax does not use GoDaddy for domain registration. They rely on the services of CSC Corporate Domains, Inc."

"The site references assets from the defunct Prepare for the Future website, rather than a new domain. Furthermore, it is possible to submit fake registration details while applying for a domain, allowing one to mimic a corporation"

"Another issue is that the supposed reveal uses the European date format, rather than American (i.e. days are in front of months, not the other way around)."

Basically, it's incredibly fishy. If Bethesda is actually outsourcing to a Polish company, it's doing things in a very weird way. I'd like it to be Fallout 4, sure, but I'm leaning more and more towards a very well done hoax.

It's going in the HL3 basket where I don't care about any rumors until it's on the shelves, on steam, or in my hands/on my account

Well actually the page is dedicated to what's been on the website so you're incorrect :P Whether it's true or not is is yet to be seen... probably a hoax though.

I'm going with fake for now. Maybe there'll be something during the VGAs, but who knows.

Sorry to disappoint, but....

No, folks. I am not going to VGX. Bethesda is not showing/talking about anything at VGX. Just some PR meetings in LA. Take deep breaths.

Source - Bethesda's VP of PR and Marketing

I said "maybe there'll be something." The fact that Bethesda isn't announcing a thing during VGX doesn't bother me in the slightest. Other people? Hell they'll probably revolt. :lol:

probably a hoax though.

FO4.JPG

And after clicking the hyperlink at the bottom (after censoring the swearwords):

FO4screen.JPG

And the faint glimmer of hope for Fallout 4 is now slowly fading... :(

MOAR

"War. War never changes,"   :D

"Casting calls for both the male and female versions of the player character note that the player begins the game in a cryogenic sleep chamber." I read this first, I thought it was going to be a Rage sequel.

How do you change the highlight colour with the new forums?