Favorite Game Of All Time on PC?

Bosco

The games I pick are games that really got me into gaming in the first place. I myself enjoy playing games regardless of if they are on a PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, or console. I enjoy great games. Some of my favorite are not even PC games.

Top Games:

Starcraft - This is the game that brought me to PC gaming. Surprisingly my dad brought home this game looking for a awesome science fiction game to play. Little did he know that I would become hooked to this game. I used to dial up to battle.net every afternoon after school to play some Big Game Hunters, or explore custom maps. I even created a few maps of my own using the map editor. One that I was very proud of was based on Star Trek, it utilized the full power of the editor with triggers and what not. It was pretty awesome, only was able to play test it a few times... 

Goldeneye N64 - This game really brought me into the whole multiplayer shooter scene. I remember that I would have my friends come over after school to play this game for hours. Then we discovered what fun we could have with cheats. We were doing a lot of the stuff you see posted on youtube these days before there was a youtube. Lots of fun with unlimited ammo turned on and mines :)

Battlefield 1942 - This is the game that brought me back to PC gaming, rather it forced me to finally get involved with building computers, as my computer at the time could really only play Starcraft (thus why I played soo much starcraft lol). In high school a group of us got together and discovered this game, which required a somewhat decent computer (my pentium 133mhz and like 64mb of ram just wasn't going to cut it). So I taught myself to build a new computer, this was pre high school job, so I really didn't have much money just what I got from my birthdays and christmas. It was enough though to purchase a new mobo, ram, and processor. I figured I could just use my old case, power supply, disks, etc... Well I soon learnt about the different form factors lol.. Luckily though I got a deal from the guy at the local computer store after I told him I spent almost all my money on those parts. He was luckily kind enough to help a young kid building his first computer! I finally was up and running, and able to play Battlefield 1942/DC although not super ideal. A few years later after I got my first job, I stumbled across this community and with the help here I had my first true gaming PC! 

World of Warcraft - This is a tough one to list. It is a favorite of mine I guess because I have enjoyed playing it for 11 years... To think 11 years on one game! Granted I've played on and off during that period but still... I remember getting hooked on it at the local LAN center I used to work at. Everyone else was playing it and well so I had to try it. I got into the beta with a few friends and the rest is history. 11 years, 5 Blizzcons, and countless friends made. There is no other game that has really been around that has done what WoW has done. I have lost friends, I have gained and found out who my true friends are because of this game. Maybe its time to move on, but frankly I enjoy being able to just login here and there and get lost in Azeroth. I don't play nearly as much as I used to. I used to raid 40 hours a week, and play an additional 40 just to prepare for those raids. 

There are countless others, those are just the few that have really stuck with me over the years... 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goldeneye N64 - This game really brought me into the whole multiplayer shooter scene. I remember that I would have my friends come over after school to play this game for hours. Then we discovered what fun we could have with cheats. We were doing a lot of the stuff you see posted on youtube these days before there was a youtube. Lots of fun with unlimited ammo turned on and mines :)

I guess you played it on a PC emulator :P, if not get out!

(just kidding...Were you a cartridge tilter??)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJSt91Ed5d0

Edited by IVIYTH0S