Upgrade time - Z77 or X79

For the GPU upgrade I am looking at either an ASUS GTX660ti or a GTX670. That should set me up for at least 3 or 4 years...

If you're considering the 660Ti, don't. Get the 7950 or 670 (but I feel the 670 is only worth it, in the long run especially, if gotten as the 4GB version. Otherwise the 7950 is better)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're considering the 660Ti, don't. Get the 7950 or 670 (but I feel the 670 is only worth it, in the long run especially, if gotten as the 4GB version. Otherwise the 7950 is better)

Can you elaborate as to why the 7950 over the 670? I am still on the fence. I hear the AMD cards use more power than a comparable NVIDIA card. Either card seems to be so powerful that I would think it would be hard to really tell the difference between them...

Can you elaborate as to why the 7950 over the 670? I am still on the fence. I hear the AMD cards use more power than a comparable NVIDIA card. Either card seems to be so powerful that I would think it would be hard to really tell the difference between them...

I feel the added graphics memory would be crucial as games seem to be using more and more graphics memory to run more eye candy. It's also good if you wanted to run two cards together for a high resolution or multi monitor setup

It's barely weaker than the 670 but is a bit cheaper and I think the 7950 would last longer with higher settings applied.