Bye Bye Creative

x keo21

Creative heading for bankruptcy

OmG how can a company do this kind of thing.

A petulant childish act that will spread across the net like wildfire, im glad i dont have shares in this company.

They have been exposed as frauds and desrve everything that is coming to them.

-1 creative user

Frauds, how is stopping a 3rd party driver fraud?

:EDIT: Also, if you read a couple pages in, a poster makes some *very* solid, and basically indisputable points..

1) The licence agreement which we all accept to says that we must not reverse engineer or tamper with the software as it is the property of Creative Labs.

2) I firmly believe that Daniel K has caught the flack because of the Dolby Digital feature As far as I am aware Auzentech paid a lot of money for an exclusive licence with Dolby to have their cards support this. Now, Creative would get into trouble if they allow a means for this to be "cracked" to run on non-Auzentech cards.

3) Accepting money (even in the form of donations) for someone elses copyrighted material is a big NO NO.

it is that they are providing a driver for this product that is not truly compatible with Vista (FRAUD) and continuing with the current driver that is designed poorly when clearly a better driver is available, If you read the posts, (a lot by now) you will see the anger, this has thrown up by many people who are quickly turning away from creative, i am one of them.

They are frauds because they are providing drivers that dont work correct in order that you will have to upgrade and spend more of you hard earned cash on them, even though there is working drivers out there.

I hate this company now

Also just look at other threads in this forum , many people with this exact problem

Edited by injijagwalaafq

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creative has always been horrible with drivers, their software has always sucked. This guy is awesome because of what he is doing for the community. I always thought creative was just lazy and didnt care, and you would think they would embrace this or give the guy a job. What the hell is their problem?

Edit* Ok, I didnt read the part about asking for donations or auzen licensing dolby. I can see where creative is coming from with this. As much as I like to see people modifying software for free features I cant blame them for going after him. I personally would support him though.

Edited by SMeeD

If Creative had drivers/apps that worked properly, they'd have an indesputable case... but they don't... I myself have to use 3rd party drivers/apps on all my Creative cards

Donations and DDL is understandable, but man... they should just hire him lol

They are frauds because they are providing drivers that dont work correct
I haven't been following the entire scandal, not really at all to be honest, but if you are actually into audio you would find this is whats happening with almost every single soundcard on the market that came out before Vista. Vista's audio workings under the hood changed a huge amount since XP, and so its pretty much the same story everywhere, with every older soundcard. This is just the way it goes, if Creative needs to stop a 3rd party developer because they could come under legal problems, I say they are good to do so, would you like to get sued because I signed something under your name?

You should count yourself lucky you aren't trying to find good Vista drivers for professional grade audio engineering cards.

I'll be putting together a new build later this month, and I've been browsing various e-tailors for Creative soundcards and have been amazed at the utter lack of good cards compared to when I got my Audigy2. And after reading about the terrible Vista driver support and this latest in douchebaggery, I really think I should steer clear of Creative. Either that, or I should yank the Audigy2 card from my HTPC and use daniel_k's drivers while buying a more HTPC-friendly card for my HTPC.

/me forgot he had an account here.

I've just been using a Turtle Beach Montego DDL soundcard in my new rig and it works way better than my old SoundBlaster 5.1. The only reason I need a add-on Soundcard is because Avid refuses to work with the onboard sound on the 680i LT. :glare:

:withstupid: I bought one card a cheap one in 2003 and never even used, onboard does all I need...
I wouldn't be surprised if soundcards start turning into a rarer thing for this reason, switch more to optimized ASIO drivers and such. No doubt Creative sees this, since they have their software X-FI made for integrated sound in the works.