Charging USB devices.

greengiant912

So... We all have tons of USB devices lying around that need to be charged.

For me personally I have my iPhone, iPad, iPod, and then I have my console controllers.

I have been looking around for quite awhile for a device that has multiple USB ports that can handle charging all my devices at once. The idea is to have it on my coffee table and then just be able to plug in my controllers or whenever they need a charge.

If there was something that just could charge all my controllers I would be happy!

It seems like generic USB hubs will not supply enough power to charge. I have tried charging my controllers via other options like my desktop and they will power on but don't charge... 

Anyone got any ideas? 

For me personally I have my iPhone, iPad, iPod, and then I have my console controllers.

You have your priorities set in a wrong order. It should be the other way around :D

Edited by Neebitemnemo

I have a small 2 USB port/2 power sockets and I just plug it in add my phone cables to the USB my tablet to a power and laptop to the other power and then any other USB plugs into my he laptop for charging http://www.frys.com/product/7963130?source=googleps&gclid=CKi37KyUvbwCFc2TfgodbHsAeg I bought this at walmart but found this one at frys

I've always wanted to install a usb port as a socket. Call me crazy but I have dreams of usb ports one day replacing power sockets with everything.

Not until everything runs off DC and then off of the small voltage/amperage that a port that small could even supply.

Also theres these already.

I've always wanted to install a usb port as a socket. Call me crazy but I have dreams of usb ports one day replacing power sockets with everything.

Not until everything runs off DC and then off of the small voltage/amperage that a port that small could even supply.

Yup I have seen those at the electric supply houses I buy from locally but never picked one up to play with myself yet.

Not worth it for the price their going when wall adapters are dirt cheap. Just a silly dream of mine but maybe one day usb could bring in powerful watts

• 3 weeks later...

Not worth it for the price their going when wall adapters are dirt cheap. Just a silly dream of mine but maybe one day usb could bring in powerful watts

Why bother when everything already has plugs to use available in every home?

Short of older (or cheaply made) AC outlets wearing out and providing a secure connection their not any more or less convenient than USB.

Unless you mean having your whole house be ran with data and power?

Then in that case I'll just point out that it is cheap to wire your house for Cat6 (and there are modulators to run HDMI, USB, audio/video over ethernet) ethernet and if you're really in a pinch there are adapters that can send data through your existing electrical wiring.

:)