Cooler Master's Big Block V8

Nemo

"cute" haha...it was the only 120mm fan that I had laying around for usage as all the others are dedicated to other tasks and the Thermaltake worked perfectly fine :)

I thought using "cute" describing a fan in a review was laughable too. I am no doubt a little strange (IMHO everyone is) though as I think it is strange when people describe motherboards or cases or whatever as "sexy". I have seen some cool (using cool probably dates me - I do have 6 grandkids) looking electronics and cars but never have seen any that that replaced a good looking woman even in a dream. This old guy would probably describe as awesome for some of the electronics available now but a fan is a fan is a fan as far as looks go. LED fans might be awesome but not "cute".

im building a new system. i wanna stick to air cooled. dont care what it costs its a cooler lol. cant be much more than 100 bucks. im getting a Q9650 based setup. i wanna be able to OC it somewhat :) think i can make it go to at least 4.0ghz on it? if i cant get the V8 soon enough what is the current top of the line cooler

im building a new system. i wanna stick to air cooled. dont care what it costs its a cooler lol. cant be much more than 100 bucks. im getting a Q9650 based setup. i wanna be able to OC it somewhat :) think i can make it go to at least 4.0ghz on it? if i cant get the V8 soon enough what is the current top of the line cooler

Taking a look at pg 4 and looking at the data that I have been collecting, I would say that the TRUE 120 and the Scythe Ninja 2 are the two I was able to achieve the lowest temps with :)

I have always liked the TRUE, I didnt much care for the mounting hardware for the Ninja 2 as it used pushpin while the TRUE uses screws and springs (like a waterblock) :D

I have seen a few people getting it up past 4GHz, so I would venture to guess that you may be able to as well...when you start clocking, pu it in the Socket 775 Comp, link in my sig

Road-Runner here got it up to 4635MHz on a suicide, so talk to him :)

• 2 weeks later...