Recommended Power Supplies List

OK let's get some cuts out of the way.

I tend to be relatively ruthless with cuts, so if some of these seem a little overzealous then please let me know.

Removed Antec Truepower Quattro 850W - Questionable availability (also getting a little long in the tooth)

Removed Coolmax CUQ-1350B 1350W - Again, questionable availability, based on an old review. Better options available now.

Removed Cooler Master UCP 700W - Questionable availability.

Removed Corsair CX430 - No longer available. Replaced with CX430 V2 (may make it onto list in following additions update)

Removed Corsair VX450 - No longer available

Removed Corsair VX550 - No longer available

Removed Corsair TX650 - Replaced with TX650 V2 (may make it onto list in following additions update)

Removed Corsair TX750 - Replaced with TX750 V2 (already on the list)

Removed Corsair TX850 - Replaced with TX850 V2 (already on the list)

Removed Corsair HX1000 - Replaced with HX1050 (may make it onto list in following additions update)

Removed Glacial Tech Glacial Power GP-AL650AA 650W - Questionable availability. Based on a single review which is a couple of years old now. Better options.

Removed Seasonic M12D 750W - questionable availability?

Removed Seasonic M12D 850W - questionable availability?

Removed Silverstone OP1000-P 1000W - questionable availability. Based on a single, reasonably old review. Likely better options now.

Removed Silverstone Zeus ZM1200M 1200W - questionable availability. Based on a single old review. Likely better options now.

Removed Thermaltake Purepower RX 600W - looks like it is unavailable to me. Based on a single old review.

Removed Zalman ZM750-HP - questionable availability

Removed Zalman ZM1000-HP - questionable availability

Removed Zalman ZM1000-HP Plus - questionable availability

Just been cutting the low hanging fruit for now. There may be more to cut, but these were the most obvious on a quick scan through.

Will look for more cuts as I perform my sweep of adding more recent units.

First addition of what I'm sure will be a few.

(I'll edit this post as I add more most likely).

Added OCZ ZX-Series 1000W - Review data here

Added Seasonic Platinum 1000W - Review data here - Very impressive!

Added Corsair CX 430 V2 - Review data here - Remember to take into account that this is a value oriented PSU.

Added Super Flower Golden Green 1300W - Review data here

Added Super Flower Golden Silent 500W - Review data here

Removed In Win Commander 1200W - Replaced by Commander II 1200W (likely won't make it onto the list)

Added OCZ ZS Series 550W - Review data here - assuming you can get it for a decent price it's a good option.

Added Kingwin Stryker Fanless 500W - Review data here - Quite expensive but good if you want a fanless option.

Edited by jammin

Added Antec High Current Pro 750W - Review data here

Added Antec High Current Gamer 520W - Review data here - worth noting that the Seasonic S12II 520 is currently cheaper (on newegg at least) and has a longer warranty. More or less the same as the Antec internally (Seasonic OEM).

Edited by jammin

Added XFX Pro Series 1000W Black Edition - Review data here - Same internally as Seasonic Platinum 1000W

Added Corsair TX550M 550W - Review data here

Added Corsair TX750M 750W - Review data here

Added Corsair HX 1050W - Review data here and here

Added Enermax MaxRevo 1350W - Review data here and here

Edited by jammin

This is a great list and I have recommended it a lot. (Even thou can't find my PSU on it, Does that mean it's not good? :-/ )

No, it doesn't mean it is not good.

There are plenty of good units that aren't on the list. The line has to be drawn somewhere and if the standards were a little lower I'm sure the list could easily be twice the size.

It can often be a tough decision on what makes it on and what doesn't, and I tend to err on the side of caution for marginal decisions. Price can play a factor as well, and it is one that is hard to account for.

Added Thermaltake Toughpower 1350W - Review data here, here and here

Added Senty Golden Steel 850W - Review data here, here and here

Removed Topwer Powerbird 800W & 900W - based on single review samples from a couple of years ago. Feel there are better options available now.

Edited by jammin

• 1 month later...

The List has just received a major overhaul. :D

Hi all your PSU List is very well done I must mention sadly that XFX is slapping 80 PLUS Logos on their boxes that are fake this is easy to prove please go to (ECOVA Plug Load Solutions) and examine the 80 PLUS list for your self many manufacturers feel it's ok to use the

certification

earned by the builder of their power supply's the logic works like this ( we have asked Sea Sonic to build us a 1000w PSU Identical to their 1000W unit Sea Sonic has a Platinum 80 PLUS rating so just slap that on our box) Corsair sends in their PSU's before they place 80

PLUS on their box and sell it none of the newer XFX PSU'S are found on the list at ECOVA . If efficiency and an OEM'S integrity are important to you and that 80 PLUS logo on the box means something to you then look at the ECOVA list I contacted the nice folks at

JOHNNYGuru they examined my concerns and found that my concerns are founded, it turns out that the 1000w and 1250w XFX PSU'S are on the ragged edge of platinum certifiable when tested in the field and there have been found component and circuit differences

between the OEM and the XFX product the claim they are the same is untrue due to production changes please check for your selves, 80 PLUS is a great program its there for us the consumers not an advertising tool for companies that exploit it for profit.

• 1 year later...

This list is in so much need of updating and revision   :)

Come on PaulT - this is your area of expertise!

It's funny you should say that because I sent a PM to Jammin the other day about it.

I know he hasn't been active for a long time now but it seemed right to ask him before I stuck my oar in.