Corsair Vengeance C70

Hey guys / gals.

Yesterday I took advantage of a Newegg coupon and ordered a Corsair Vengeance C70.  Was wondering if anyone is using (or has used) one, and if so what feedback can you give me.

Thanks.

Trust me... I read Waco's review  :)

I love reviews, but cases (like many PC parts) have a way of showing off some of their shortfalls further into the love affair.  And most reviewers just don't get to spend weeks or months with a case  :)

Bought the White one for the wife. She loved it and I liked the ease of building it. If I had not just bought a Thor 2,in black, I would buy one for my self . It could of came with a few more fans but I have lots of fans here to fill in the spots. The H100 fits perfect up top.She like the white so much she had me replace her keyboard and mouse with a Vengeance K90 and and M95.Some dont like it does not have a fan controller but the z77 Sabertooth board has enough fan headers that the Bios can take care of them.The only thing I did not like about it was the fan holes in the window. With all the other fans they could of left the window clean.Like you, I bought it at NewEgg with a code and got it for $79.00 and free shipping. Glad they used Fedex as UPS has a bad rep with bending or smashing a few cases I have got from NewEgg.

Edited by My_Time

We have the C70 in our extended testing now and the case is holding up awesome. The only real concern we had in testing applies if the case will be move around. The bottom filter in the case we tested had a very loose fit and came out without any pressure needed. Our quick fix was to put a piece of electrical table along the edge of the filter frame, problem solved.

Trust me... I read Waco's review   :)

I love reviews, but cases (like many PC parts) have a way of showing off some of their shortfalls further into the love affair.  And most reviewers just don't get to spend weeks or months with a case   :)

Oh yes we do LOL I still use the CM CSX 830 Red flame edition as my day to day case. I am looking into getting the C70 for a new build. Just have to see if it will handle the 200mm rad I bought.

Thanks guys.  The C70 arrived at my door step this evening.  I love having a Newegg warehouse in Memphis.  24 hour turn around if it is in stock and that was with free shipping.  I didn't get a $79 dollar deal though  :(  

At any rate, I paid $109 w/ free shipping.  I had time to un-box it and do a quick walk around.  I think I'm going to like it.  The clip on side panels are slick as hell and I can tell already I'm gonna love the handles up top when I need to move it for cleaning, maintenance, upgrades etc.

Mainly I was looking for a case that I wasn't going to dread cleaning or getting into on a regular basis.  And on that note I think this one is going to fit the bill perfectly.  I did make some compromises on this one that I've gotten used to on my LianLi - mainly the tool-less PCI slots and five external 5.25" drive bays.

Guess I'll put one of my blu-ray drives in storage and figure out how to mount the 5.25" NZXT Sentra Mesh Fan Controller inside the case somewhere.  I could strip the pcb out and wall / roof mount it somewhere, or as I was measuring some stuff tonight realized that the whole module may fit into the back of the top bay on the C70 (where the on/off - USB - front panel audio jack is located).

I appreciate all the feedback.