ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Review

bp9801

If you're going to spend up to 1K on a CPU, they should actually raise the price of the motherboards that support it to 1K as well. After all, why go cheap if you're going for the largest e-peen? Just put some 24K gold plating on there, and there ya go, from $449 to $999. They can call it the ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Gold EP Edition.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just put some 24K gold plating on there, and there ya go, from $449 to $999. They can call it the ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Gold EP Edition.

Bring it on!!

I got the impression that his dad paid for them.

Ah! Then that is a different matter. :happy:

I got the impression that his dad paid for them.

No ,

he gets paid to go to school, thats what he does for a living

Correct :D Actually I get paid to achieve high marks so I can go study a Bachelor of Computer Science degree after school :)

Correct :D Actually I get paid to achieve high marks so I can go study a Bachelor of Computer Science degree after school :)

Wow!! I wish that system were there everywhere in the world. :whistling:

Who pays you? I wish I got paid anything for getting high scores in high school. :lol:

Yes necessarily, else the world would be using 4pins on all motherboards :lol:

Don't be obtuse. :lol:

So what does the 6 pin PCIE do? I know it's there for extra power but... would it only be like 18W extra per slot?

Assuming they respect the limits of the connector, yes. That's exceedingly rare in practice since the connectors can pass a lot more power than that before becoming even remotely dangerous.

Yes necessarily, else the world would be using 4pins on all motherboards :lol:

It's more a safety issue than anything else.

4pin would offer twice the resistance in the cables compared to 8pin hence they only rate it for half the voltage.

There isn't anything stopping it from delivering the same power until it is asked to deliver so much power it burns and melts the insulation.

However this is something stopping it and it's the safety circuits in the PSU and Mobo.

So what is the bigger difference the quality of the power supply not the hypothetical amount determined by a crude estimation of safe limits.

You cannot deny that ROG boards have been designed with excellent voltage control to maintain very stable voltages and just because it is 8+4 vs 8+8 pin poesnt mean it will perform worse.

Who pays you? I wish I got paid anything for getting high scores in high school. :lol:

Don't be obtuse. :lol:

Assuming they respect the limits of the connector, yes. That's exceedingly rare in practice since the connectors can pass a lot more power than that before becoming even remotely dangerous.

Oh SNAP.... Waco just called you a Funny shape Nut RUdder..... Oh wait.

Speaking of this motherboard and processor Ccokeman, What are you using to cool it??