Minecraft System Requirements

Black64

So I was wondering what do you guys think the recommended and minimum requirements for Minecraft should be. I still do have slow downs on my current system(check my sig) with it. Like when generating a map, using more then 15 TNT and using smoke grenades. (SDK gun mod)

You're stuck with TNT making it lag - the engine isn't built to handle it smoothly.

Your specs are so far beyond the system requirements it's not even funny. :lol: My frickin' EeePC (with the Atom) can run it pretty decently with the new updates.

minimum graphics card could probably be dropped to x800 or NV equivalent.

I can run it on integrated graphics in a 5 year old laptop. It runs like crap, but it runs.

Well I just made this thread to see what you guys think the requirements should be since the official ones have not been released. Like after the bugs are fixed.

Waco, thanks I thought I was the only one getting TNT lag. :P Also I first ran Minecraft on my EeePC too.

Well I don't know if is only the engine but I can't get a steady 60 fps on it for more then 80% of the time.

Well I just made this thread to see what you guys think the requirements should be since the official ones have not been released. Like after the bugs are fixed.

Waco, thanks I thought I was the only one getting TNT lag. :P Also I first ran Minecraft on my EeePC too.

Well I don't know if is only the engine but I can't get a steady 60 fps on it for more then 80% of the time.

60 fps on an EeePC? That's actually not bad. I can updwards of 250 - 270 on the machine in my sig.

• 10 months later...

So my laptop should run Minecraft with no lag right? But I get a good amount of it and have no idea why, it even gets lag when I run Gamebooster on it.

HP G60 230-US

Pentium Dual-Core 2.0ghz T4200

4GB of DDR2 Ram 800mhz

120gb Seagate Momentus

Mobile Intel 45 Express Chipset (64mb dedicated memory and 1695 total memory) Uses DirectX 10

minecraft is so poorly written its not funny. notch said he would re-write it so it can work with plugins and mods much better, as well as coping with tnt, but none of that has happened

That might not happen for a while yet too, for starters Notch really doesn't deal with Minecraft much anymore, he's focusing on a new IP right now, and while there are still improvements being made to the game, the focus really just isn't on it at the moment.

Honestly, you can't even give a good estimate on the requirements for this game, each time they update it, performance does and will change. There have been version where you play moderately well on a netbook and there have been versions that even some nicer rigs struggle with a little bit.

At the moment, my own computer isn't fairing too great with the game, I get a lot of very inconsistent frame rates and frame rate drops. So as you can imagine, the game's in need of some optimization at this point. Your best hope at getting the game to play is to just lower the settings as much as possible, specifically your render distance, lowering that should help tremendously. However if you don't want to sacrifice that then you can try turning off the little things like smooth lighting, graphics, and particles. Using myself as an example, if I put all of it to the lowest possible settings, my FPS jumps from about 100 to 300, so that's a pretty good performance gain.

That might not happen for a while yet too, for starters Notch really doesn't deal with Minecraft much anymore, he's focusing on a new IP right now, and while there are still improvements being made to the game, the focus really just isn't on it at the moment.

Honestly, you can't even give a good estimate on the requirements for this game, each time they update it, performance does and will change. There have been version where you play moderately well on a netbook and there have been versions that even some nicer rigs struggle with a little bit.

At the moment, my own computer isn't fairing too great with the game, I get a lot of very inconsistent frame rates and frame rate drops. So as you can imagine, the game's in need of some optimization at this point. Your best hope at getting the game to play is to just lower the settings as much as possible, specifically your render distance, lowering that should help tremendously. However if you don't want to sacrifice that then you can try turning off the little things like smooth lighting, graphics, and particles. Using myself as an example, if I put all of it to the lowest possible settings, my FPS jumps from about 100 to 300, so that's a pretty good performance gain.

also minecraft hates crossfire, i got way more fps when i removed my other 6970