680 SLI plus 460 for physX

Penti

So I have got two 680s on the mail, and got an old 460 from an old rig. Is it advisable to include this as the dedicated physX card? Would imagine it gives better framerates, but are there known bugs when using this set-up?

Just give it a whirl you'll very quickly find out after a few benchmarks and games weather it hurts or helps.

If you didn't already have the 460 I would say not to get one but since you have it, there is no harm in trying but in all honesty you'd be best of selling it and investing the money elsewhere in the build.

Good luck :thumbsup:

The only problem with a dedicated PhysX card is that there are a lot of games that don't even support PhysX, so you won't see any performance gains in said games.

ETA: Though it wouldn't hurt to try it out and see what the difference is in those games. Otherwise, if it's negligible  you might as well toss it up on ebay or sell it to one of the members here.

Then again if you were Folding@Home you could run all 3 cards at once regardless.

Edited by Locutus

Those GTX680s are more than enough. There are many games which don't even support PhyX.

And with the games which supports phyx, I doubt over the amount of improvement if you use GTX460 as dedicated PhyX card.