4790K build Hero VII any help ?

sillyapple

Hello, so i have decided on getting the 4790K with a hero VII board,

My question is what memory is going to be best but I don't want to spend out to much but still want some performance ie not bug down the rest of the setup.

Im thinking to run of the on board graphics just to start out its not for gaming but very demanding application use I may upgrade later date.

What PSU spec should i look for ie what size wattage is going to be enough im going to try clock this to about 4.6Ghz hopefully I want water cooling by corsair the i100 i think im not running cd drives etc just 2 sata drives 1 slower hdd thats about it then. would say 500 or 750w be best ?

Thanks again.

That combo is a pretty good choice.

As far as memory is concerned the sky is the limit. A good 1866MHz or 2133MHz kit will get you plenty of memory bandwidth that will leave you some overclocking headroom. Look for tighter timings in that speed range using a pair of 8GB DIMMs

If you plan on adding a GPU later on then the power supply should be sized to meet that expected demand. A good 750 to 850 watt PSU would be your best bet to meet that future need. If a high end graphics card will never be installed you can get by with a nice 650w PSU.

As far as cooling and overclocking go the better the cooling the lower your CPU temperature will be. With Haswell and Devils Canyon the overclocking headroom is highly variable but on an H100i you should be able to more realistically manage 4.4 to 4.5GHz under a full load. The H100i does well enough as an AIO cooler but if you can get the H110 and fit it in your case that would offer a further improvement. The difference BTW is the H100 has a 240mm rad and the H110 has a 280mm rad.