It is time to make a confession...Thread

WarWeeny

the other day when i was blind side backing my truck into a tricky spot, i accidentally bumped my trailer into the front of a parked fedex and caused about $3000 damage....i was certain i was clear in my head at the time because i had pulled up and repositioned my trailer a couple of times, and had a clear view of all the obstacles...so believing  i was ok,  i went ahead and backed on in...when i heard the crunch noise my heart sank and i felt so bad....and the bitch is that don't know how it all happened... i swear i thought i was clear and don't know how i got so far off course to bump the other truck...f'n crazy...i know about the cost of the damage because yesterday my bossman chewed my ass, told me how much it cost him and gave me an ultimatum...honestly i feel very low and unprofessional about this whole thing ...i'm sorry about it and will do my best to learn from it...that's all i can do...

YKNGVHMUF 002.jpgYKNGVHMUF 005.jpg...my OCC friends a certainly welcome to see more; add me on facebook @ Cj Loki...my grandaughter"s on my shoulders

the other day when i was blind side backing my truck into a tricky spot, i accidentally bumped my trailer into the front of a parked fedex and caused about $3000 damage....i was certain i was clear in my head at the time because i had pulled up and repositioned my trailer a couple of times, and had a clear view of all the obstacles...so believing  i was ok,  i went ahead and backed on in...when i heard the crunch noise my heart sank and i felt so bad....and the bitch is that don't know how it all happened... i swear i thought i was clear and don't know how i got so far off course to bump the other truck...f'n crazy...i know about the cost of the damage because yesterday my bossman chewed my ass, told me how much it cost him and gave me an ultimatum...honestly i feel very low and unprofessional about this whole thing ...i'm sorry about it and will do my best to learn from it...that's all i can do...

attachicon.gifYKNGVHMUF 002.jpgattachicon.gifYKNGVHMUF 005.jpg...my OCC friends a certainly welcome to see more; add me on facebook @ Cj Loki...my grandaughter"s on my shoulders

YKNGVHMUF 005.jpg...my OCC friends a certainly welcome to see more; add me on facebook @ Cj Loki...my grandaughter"s on my shoulders

Ah I'm sure it will buff out...

That is 3k worth of damage??? Dang....

@SpeedCrazy You would be surprised what it costs to repair the front ends on tractors. It's ridiculous.

I swear that looks suspect to begin with. Not sure how you would hit it that high with nothing else below even rubbed. Even with the angle it looks suspect. 

Sorry to hear about that  CJ. Accidents always suck and in most cases it is human error but sometimes there are those really odd ones.  DId the driver pull up any as you were backing? 

*le long text*

YKNGVHMUF 005.jpg...my OCC friends a certainly welcome to see more; add me on facebook @ Cj Loki...my grandaughter"s on my shoulders

Ah I'm sure it will buff out...

That is 3k worth of damage??? Dang....

Imagine the price of the truck.   :whoa:

@SpeedCrazy You would be surprised what it costs to repair the front ends on tractors. It's ridiculous.

I swear that looks suspect to begin with. Not sure how you would hit it that high with nothing else below even rubbed. Even with the angle it looks suspect. 

Sorry to hear about that  CJ. Accidents always suck and in most cases it is human error but sometimes there are those really odd ones.  DId the driver pull up any as you were backing? 

i wish it was different but the other driver had nothing to do with it, all my fault...i was blind siding back at an angle, (and the pics don't show  the other truck i was trying to miss on the passenger side as well) and i got too involved with the passenger side and mirror, and i guess lost track of my position on the drivers side,...but my head kept telling me i was ok, that's the disturbing part ,....as far as the the damage looking odd, it was because of the angle i was trying to bring it back in....notice, i just grazed the hood with the trailer, and cracked the clearance light, and that was all it took to ruin an otherwise wonderful day/year...it's been like 8 or 9 months since anything has gone wrong on this level....so just shit crap, learn from it and move on...