Socket 1155/2011 Oc Competition Thread

Speedway

I upgraded becausei was sitting on an aging 775 platform. If you have 1366 or 1155 i'd wait it out to be honest :)

From LGA775 to LGA1155 was probably the biggest performance jump you have ever seen :whoa:

From LGA775 to LGA1155 was probably the biggest performance jump you have ever seen :whoa:

Yea i had been sitting on 775 for about 3.5 years. I could have kept it maybe another year, but my ram was failing and spending money on overpriced DDR2 wasn't really a good idea. So i replaced the whole system, all i kept was the PSU/Case/HDD then i jumped on 1155 an SSD and a GTX 580, watercooled the whole lot and called it a day :).

Edited by jackbrennan2008

Yea i had been sitting on 775 for about 3.5 years. I could have kept it maybe another year, but my ram was failing and spending money on overpriced DDR2 wasn't really a good idea. So i replaced the whole system, all i kept was the PSU/Case/HDD then i jumped on 1155 an SSD and a GTX 580, watercooled the whole lot and called it a day :).

Wow you must've blown a lot of cash at once , I normally buy a component every few months .

So what oc did you get on the 580 on water ?

Wow you must've blown a lot of cash at once , I normally buy a component every few months .

So what oc did you get on the 580 on water ?

I spent the equivilent of $3800USD on the whole setup.

Max clocks on the GTX 580 i got were:

Core: 995

Memory: 2240 (1120)

Edited by jackbrennan2008

Those are some nice clocks on water. My 25K is currently running prime at 4.9/1.4vcore on the p8p67Pro, under an old Ultra 120, lol. Already passed 14+hr last night on prime @ 4.7/1.3. Breaking out my old H2o rig out of the storage box is really tempting right now with your screen shots.

Those are some nice clocks on water. My 25K is currently running prime at 4.9/1.4vcore on the p8p67Pro, under an old Ultra 120, lol. Already passed 14+hr last night on prime @ 4.7/1.3. Breaking out my old H2o rig out of the storage box is really tempting right now with your screen shots.

Post some SS and join the Competition :biggrin:

So far 2 hrs on the 4.9/1.4. Will post up screenis with superPI and everything else when I pass 8 hrs on these settings.

Here is the results for the 8hour prime @ 4.9/1.4vcore on air. Look at the temps lol.

Prime_95_49.jpg

Edited by Voltes_5