Windows 8.1/Blue and the return of the Start Button

DanTheGamer11

I think I'm slowly getting used to Win 8. Only reason I got it was because it was free for students at my school. I have moved from Vista to 8, but Vista did not give me much troubles like most people tell you. I think same things happening with the 8. And Windows Blue will make it better too, hopefully. 

I wonder why would I get a non standalone SO..

I mean.. I always liked the idea of a clean SO, also XP was the best, very good SO overall. Ok I admit it is pretty old already but we have Win 7. I have it since 2010 and not a single problem. It's a beast!

I think I'm slowly getting used to Win 8. Only reason I got it was because it was free for students at my school. I have moved from Vista to 8, but Vista did not give me much troubles like most people tell you. I think same things happening with the 8. And Windows Blue will make it better too, hopefully. 

Personally I think vista problems was related with compatibility issues with videogames which is a great amount of windows users (im included), specially with old games. Other than that I have not much experience.

With my old laptop I got 2 original Toshiba installation CDs, one for XP and other for Vista. I ALWAYS choosed XP because of gaming compatibility even tought it is my programming PC, not the gaming one.

• 2 weeks later...

So having the Start button launch a customizable Start screen is a bad thing? Using the All Apps view will pull up everything without the Live updating; sure, it isn't exactly like the screen in W7, but at least it's something. And besides, there's the new feature where new programs don't spew everything onto the Start screen once installed. They show up in that All Apps view and then you can determine whether to pin them to the Start screen or not.

So having the Start button launch a customizable Start screen is a bad thing? Using the All Apps view will pull up everything without the Live updating; sure, it isn't exactly like the screen in W7, but at least it's something. And besides, there's the new feature where new programs don't spew everything onto the Start screen once installed. They show up in that All Apps view and then you can determine whether to pin them to the Start screen or not.

I didn't say it's a bad thing.

Edited by DanTheGamer11

Ill wait until it comes out to see if I want to upgrade, but I am happy with 7.

Exactly same here. Very happy with Windows 7 and I found Windows 8 to be annoying to me. Same goes for 8.1

So, won't be upgrading.

I'd say it's a bad thing.  People don't care about the Start Button.  They care about getting the Start Menu back.

Microsoft gave us the option to use the "classic UI" for over a decade and in one fell swoop took it all away and won't give it back in their quest to kill the desktop PC.  Screw 'em, I'm sticking with 7 until they come to their senses.

I'd say it's a bad thing.  People don't care about the Start Button.  They care about getting the Start Menu back.

Microsoft gave us the option to use the "classic UI" for over a decade and in one fell swoop took it all away and won't give it back in their quest to kill the desktop PC.  Screw 'em, I'm sticking with 7 until they come to their senses.

If they come to their senses. Although I do feel they might get the idea they are doing something wrong when they report a net loss next year... :teehee: