Anyone with a Crosshair V and an 8150/20 say hello, i have a small tas

Well technically it is a true 8 core chip that is achieved using 4 monolithic dual core building blocks. So it does have 8 execution cores vs 4 plus HT. Piledriver is supposed to give a 10-15% bump in performance over bulldozer due to efficiency improvements. Add that to the 10% that was gained by the MS Patch for the architecture and you have a nice bump. Whether that's enough to truly compete is a subject we will have to wait and see about.

• Yeah I know just that no BD module has a proper full core just two cores with sharing resources like HT except there's more to go around.
  • The Trinity results should give us an indicator of PD(it's not full PD cause of the manufacturing process)... did MS rerelease the patch? Shame W8 isn't that desktop user friendly :(
  • Just better of getting an IB if ya want to OC and stuff... Quick Sync is ok too but you need a Z motherboard if you gonna use discrete video cards...

I like bullet points now :)

• Yeah I know just that no BD module has a proper full core just two cores with sharing resources like HT except there's more to go around.
  • The Trinity results should give us an indicator of PD(it's not full PD cause of the manufacturing process)... did MS rerelease the patch? Shame W8 isn't that desktop user friendly :(
  • Just better of getting an IB if ya want to OC and stuff... Quick Sync is ok too but you need a Z motherboard if you gonna use discrete video cards...

I like bullet points now :)

Trinity is not going to be socket AM3+.... FYI