reformat to windows 8?

stackrainer

I need to reformat (since i messed up my registry or something and i can no longer host servers if someone knows a fix please tell me. i have reset the tcp ip settings and everything still doesnt work) but anyways is it a good idea to update to windows 8 now or should i reformat to windows 7 ultimate? And can when the RC version of windows 8 comes out do i have to do a reformat again to get it or is there some sort of patch that i can get that will get me the RC version.

NOTE: I did this http://windows7themes.net/how-to-improve-latency-in-wow-in-windows-7.html

and typed this into cmd netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled

I changed back the settings and i still cant host any type of servers.

Edited by stackrainer

I need to reformat (since i messed up my registry or something and i can no longer host servers if someone knows a fix please tell me. i have reset the tcp ip settings and everything still doesnt work) but anyways is it a good idea to update to windows 8 now or should i reformat to windows 7 ultimate? And can when the RC version of windows 8 comes out do i have to do a reformat again to get it or is there some sort of patch that i can get that will get me the RC version.

NOTE: I did this http://windows7themes.net/how-to-improve-latency-in-wow-in-windows-7.html

and typed this into cmd netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled

I changed back the settings and i still cant host any type of servers.

This is a fix I remember I used when I was playing wow in 2010. I think they included it in a patch shortly after that.

And can when the RC version of windows 8 comes out do i have to do a reformat again to get it or is there some sort of patch that i can get that will get me the RC version.

If the roll out of Windows 7 was any indicator, you will have to perform a fresh install of W8 once the retail version is released.

Honestly I would steer clear of windows 8, If I am correct your looking to try windows 8 AND have a working PC at the same time. While your experience may be different there is a real possibility that your just going to loose your files and waste your time. Unless your a tweaker, clocker, looking to study it ahead of release or just very stubborn and demand the chance to test it it's probably not for you until the release candidate comes out in may. When that happens you will have the chance to beta test what will most likely be on the market in a safer and more stable condition.