New video card for 2560x1440 display

stackrainer

If almost is like being able to touch the rim is almost like being able to dunk a basketball. :P

lol i know that if overclocked the 680 is far better than a 670 but its good price performance i also reccomend the 7950

Asus has a 2GD5 7770 with dual 90mm fans and new heat sink design, for $159.99. I have not seen any reviews on them yet, but I bought two of them for my folding rig, to run in CrossFire.

It will be interesting to see how they stack up to a single 7950. :popcorn: not Shure how close they will get to the rim.

Edited by Braegnok

• 1 month later...

Hey Stack - I'm not going to make any recommendations - but I would definitely like to know how you like your new Catleap monitor.  Which vendor did you buy it from?  How much did you pay?  Any dead pixels or other quality issues?

• 2 weeks later...

gigabyte gtx 670 windforce is almost like having a 680

7970 (same price as 670) is like having a 680 with a slight overclock..

id go for a 7950 3gb min for that res.. who wants to be limited by vram.. seriously.. the more the merrier and cheaper than nvidia and just as powerful in some cases and more in others..

gigabyte gtx 670 windforce is almost like having a 680

7970 (same price as 670) is like having a 680 with a slight overclock..

id go for a 7950 3gb min for that res.. who wants to be limited by vram.. seriously.. the more the merrier and cheaper than nvidia and just as powerful in some cases and more in others..

I'd get the 7950 3Gb. I had a GTX670 and wasn't very impressed by it.

Oh and with all my Skyrim mods (50+ mods with tons of textures) I use all 3Gb of my 7970 so when next gen consoles arrive I'm sure we'll see some advancements in graphics for PC and consoles (since most PC games are ported from consoles) and whose to say those improvements won't affect VRAM usage ? Rather get a 3Gb 7950 which has more VRAM and performs probably better than the 670 IMO

Ive been running my XFX black edition 7950 3GB at 3840X1024 (3.9 MP) (2560X1440=3.6)

and everything but the witcher can be run on max settings with all video card quality settings on max including morphological antialiazing edge detect 12x. That peticular card is $315. My Saphire 6970 2GB used the same resolution and settings but couldn't keep up with DX11 very well.