All-in-one Remote Control Reviewed

Nemo

• 1 month later...
I have a Harmony remote and I'll tell ya, these things are a breeze to program.

The remote in this review is pretty good, but I really want a Harmony 1000 :D

yea i already have a harmony 686, but it's on it's way out.

and my dad has the harmony 1000, and while it's really sweet, i prefer tactile buttons on my remote control, it just allows me to get to frequently used buttons faster. But the 1000 is pretty damn cool, i will admit that.

but thats why i chose the harmony one, it combines the touch screen of the 1000 with the features of the harmony 880 :)

I have a Harmony remote and I'll tell ya, these things are a breeze to program.

:withstupid:

I have a 520 and programming it is a dream. Not only does it have more flexibility than any other universal remote I've used but it's also very easy to set up. Win-Win.

The only downside is the price. I got my 520 for $40 back in the day, and now I'm looking for a second one (for the bedroom). They're $60 refurbed now, but even then it's pretty hard for me to take a $250 one seriously. $250 for a remote?! From the reviews I've read there are very minor differences for the ~$200 price hike. Plus I like the shape of the older ones much more than the new "hourglass" style.

They're great remotes and they do seem to have a relative monopoly on ease of programming, but I still just can't understand paying that much for a remote.

• 2 years later...

I have trried to get mine to cooperate with my system for nearly 2 years.

McIntosh MX-160, Panasonic viera TV, panasonic cdr-vhs, panasonic blu-ray-web player, Pioneer dvl 919, Meridian 207 CD Moxi pvr, (obviously eclectic, and purchased over time)

It insists on turning on/off the wrong things, like when switching from radio to tv, the Mac (av control center) toggles off (amps and everything) while it turns on the TV and the CDR (telling the TV to switch from Moxi to the CDR).

I have spent hours trying to reprogram, even set up my own activities, all manual as far as the software will allow..

The database does not have codes for Moxi, Pioneer dvl, won't learn codes from original remotes (weak IR signal or no IR signal).

I re-approach this when a new piece comes to the system, most recently my Moxi. I do not have the luxury of lots of time to mess with this.

If it would just run ONE unit at a time, I'd be happy.

I have contacted Logitech. They offered no help, then listed my problems as "solved" (hah), then "out of warranty pay for help"

I still have the original packaging.

Anyone want to buy?

I have trried to get mine to cooperate with my system for nearly 2 years.

McIntosh MX-160, Panasonic viera TV, panasonic cdr-vhs, panasonic blu-ray-web player, Pioneer dvl 919, Meridian 207 CD Moxi pvr, (obviously eclectic, and purchased over time)

It insists on turning on/off the wrong things, like when switching from radio to tv, the Mac (av control center) toggles off (amps and everything) while it turns on the TV and the CDR (telling the TV to switch from Moxi to the CDR).

I have spent hours trying to reprogram, even set up my own activities, all manual as far as the software will allow..

The database does not have codes for Moxi, Pioneer dvl, won't learn codes from original remotes (weak IR signal or no IR signal).

I re-approach this when a new piece comes to the system, most recently my Moxi. I do not have the luxury of lots of time to mess with this.

If it would just run ONE unit at a time, I'd be happy.

I have contacted Logitech. They offered no help, then listed my problems as "solved" (hah), then "out of warranty pay for help"

I still have the original packaging.

Anyone want to buy?

Dude, dont revive two year old threads. Make a new thread and link to the old one