Occ News: Site Design Has Been Updated

sdy284

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I seriously hope that the front page isn't finished. It looks terrible right now. No borders or seperation between any of the text. For the past thirty minutes I've been under the impression that was just a quick job to allow us to get on.

I also suggest putting the original OCC text back on the front page. The new stuff doesn't look good; too flashy and attention wh**ish.

Edit- Based on Silksters post, my front page on OCC looks nothing like that. Odd...

Edit- Still doesn't look any different after getting rid of the cookies and restarting.

Here's a pic:

Oi now it works.

I still don't like it much. The colours don't go together and as stated before, the title text is horrid.

Silver doesn't fit OCC either. The entire front page looks way too busy. It seems to be all for attention, not quality.

Edit- As a suggestion, I suggest putting all the original stuff back. It was just fine the way it is. This is sort of reminding me of the whole Newegg layout thing a long while ago. For a few days they kept changing the layout until they finally settled on what it is currently. But there was nothing wrong with the layout they had.

Sort of like right now. I'm perplexed as to why the layout/theme was changed in the first place. :huh:

Oi now it works.

I still don't like it much. The colours don't go together and as stated before, the title text is horrid.

Silver doesn't fit OCC either. The entire front page looks way too busy. It seems to be all for attention, not quality.

not to be rude but i think everyone is afraid of change i think it looks good. and like all new layouts it takes a couple days to work all the little quirks out!

id say give it a little while and once they are done.

nVidia_Freak: press Ctrl+F5

it's not cookies that you'd want to delete, it's the temporary internet file cache if anything, i just pressed ctrl f5 though

Already got it working; thanks though! :)

activeslaps:

I'm not afraid of change, I'll embrace change so long as there's a need for it and it contains benefits over what was changed. I see none of that currently. That's all. :thumbs-up:

Personally I think the background colour, and the colour of the menu boxes (ie. Articles, community ect. ) should be a lighter colour. I think it would make the homepage more appealing, and welcoming than those darker colours. Or you could also try some diagonal pinstripes ontop of the background colour (50-75% transparency).

But other then that I'm liking the new homepage! good job! :)