Recommended Cases List

$100~$199

Fractal Design Define R3

Pros

Good build quality.

Great cooling.

Very quiet with noise absorbing material fitted as standard.

Dust filtered power supply and front intake fans.

Two 120mm fans as standard with slots for a further 1 x 120mm and 4 x 140mm available.

Three channel fan speed controller included.

No side window. :P

No flashy lights. :P

8 x HDD trays.

Cons

Only two external 5.25" Drive Bays.

A little tight for cable space behind the tray.

fractalti.th.jpg

Added an extra fan or two, well four actually, 1 x 120mm and 3 x 140mm. Dropped the folding temperatures of my two GTX 460's from 79 and 69 deg C to 59 and 66 deg C with the GPU fans now stopping at 40%. Very quiet and overall very impressed with the case.

• 1 month later...

Want to added a suggestion, the Antec One Hundred. This is a great case and if I can have both a Three Hundred and a One Hundred I would take the One Hundred every time.

• 1 month later...

Mid-tower: $0-49

Xigmatek Asgard II

Pros:

Good wire management

Reasonable airflow

Roomy

Room to add fans on side panel.

Cons:

Front fan could be included.

Limited airflow from the front due to only bottom vent (seems to work fairly well, but could be better)

Not much room behind back panel for wires.

Great case for the price ($40, frequently $30 on sale), used it in a budget build or two. Not sure exactly what will fit, but I can confirm that a Radeon HD 6850 will fit in it.

Mini-ITX case

$109.99 + $9.99 Shipping at Newegg.

LIAN LI PC-Q08B

This mini-ITX is THE case to get if you're looking at housing a portable gaming desktop. Because of the cost, I wouldn't recommend it as just a HTPC.

Pros:

1. Not too big, but decent space on the inside - it also isn't very heavy, but still built solid.

2. Well thought out. It can hold a 2.5" SSD and up to four 3.5" HDD's, an optical drive, and a pretty long single slot graphics card.

3. You can fit in a Antec Kuhler H20 620 in a push/pull configuration if you buy two thin 120mm fans, which is enough to cool anything.

4. Decent cable management for a mini-ITX case, you can hide the cables behind the HDD tray.

Nitpicky Cons:

1. Only decent cable management. Because of the small size, you really have to get a modular PSU.

2. Flimsy HDD tray if you remove the extra two 3.5" tray at the bottom. You also need to remove the bottom tray if you have a long graphics card.

• 3 months later...

Corsair 800D

$250.00-$300.00

Personal opinion

pros:

1. top 360 rad mount

2. separated chambers (mobo/hdd/psu/)

3. Unique/sleek design

4. large side window

5. Hot swap HDD system

cons:

1. high price

2. more for watercooling

3. no venting on side window.

I also give a recommend for the HAF932, it's my current case.

It's a beautiful case, but airflow is the biggest issue. However, if you go all out and buy some serious fans, then there really isn't a problem. Still I would only recommend this case if corsair decides to release a 360 mm version of the h100, you have a custom water cooling loop, you intend on doing some heavy modding, or you are just in love with the ascetics like I am. So basically you either love this case and buy it, or you like the case and buy the 700D for modding, or you like the look and guy the 650D which is a much better case in the way of air cooling.

Edited by Tjj226_Angel

• 2 weeks later...

I give a huge Thumbs up for the HAF 922 I simply love mine.

Pros:

Size

Price

Look

Great Airflow

Room fo ra 120 Res in Back and a 240 in the top

Cons:

Only 5 Hard Drive bays

Mounting of a dual Bay resivor you have to bend the 5 1/4 bay tabs out of the way

Full Tower $200+

Thermaltake Level 10 GT: Aggressive styling, great cooling potential, excellent construction and quality, good cable management with lots of room to work.

Full Tower $100-$200

Thermaltake Chaser Mk I: great value, excellent quality and construction, agressive style that can be good or bad, excellent cooling potential

Mid Tower: $100-$200

Fractal Design Arc Midi: quiet operation, simple but attractive styling, simple design gives blank slate for modding, good cable management and solid construction, great cooling options

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i bought two COOLER MASTER Centurion 534 RC-534-SKN2-GP Black cases a couple years ago for $49 on sale. Love the placement of front USB and how the HDD are mounted. Makes for easy change and cable connections. I cannot find the exact model again, similiar types are available in the same price range.

• 2 weeks later...

Micro Tower

NZXT Crafted Series Vulcan

- Price range: 70

- Personal opinion

pros

1. Great Air Flow (with Mesh Side Panel)

2. Top Handle

3. Filters (rarely seen in MicroTower)

4. Holes for liquid cooling tubes

5. Protable

6. Fits long card (such as 5970)

cons

1. too little expansion bay (in 3.5, ex 5.25 and ex 3.5, each 2)

2. the side panel mexh doesnt have filter...

3. not full tool-less design

4. High price

5. not much space for hiding cables

10092010182.jpg

That thing looks like a Monster octopus attack! lol