Recommended Cases List

$49.99

Diablotek EVO ATX MID TOWER

http://www.diablotek.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=tpflypage.tpl&product_id=97&category_id=60&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

I was on a budget and since i had a few 120mm/ 80cfm fans kicking around I added them to the side panel, made a custom fan mount in the drive bays, and added liquid cooler. It now has 7 case fans and stays cool under max load. You can find better pics and reviews from vendor web pages. Not bad for the price.

Recommended Case - Full Tower: Antec DF-85, $150-$170($155 on newegg).

Pro's:

- Tons of case fans, that provide the case with AMAZING airflow. Comes with all but one side fan, reducing total cost of case.

- LOTS of room for all kinds of parts, my GTX570 looks small in the case.

- Quiet, even with so many fans, on low speed settings the case is extremely quiet and on high isnt much louder but had greatly increased airflow for epic overclocking goodness.

- Steel, EXTREMELY Sturdy! I have no doubt i could toss this case down a flight of stairs with only minor damage.

- Dust filters!!

Con's:

- Steel, extremely HEAVY... Weighs like 30lbs. empty, and full of components is well over 50lbs!!!

- No support for anything beyond standard ATX, so no E-ATX of XL-ATX here. sad.gif

Recommended Case - Mid Tower: NZXT Gamma, $40-$45($40 on newegg).

Pro's:

- CHEAP! In a good way, best case for less than $50 IMO. Ive used it in 5 different builds, never been disappointed.

- Roomy for a mid tower, fits most video cards, and most CPU coolers. Extremely large cards such as a 6990 i doubt would fit, as a 6950/6970 barely fits in it.

- Lots of room for optional fans!

- Foam in front acts as a dust filter.

- Rotated HDD cage with easy no-tool install, works fantastically well.

Con's:

- A little Flimsy, but knowing its thin aluminum and only $39.99, Its no surprise, overall good quality but it wont last forever, or take any serious punishment.

- Only 1 rear exhaust fan stock. While there is places for a ton of optional fans, it only comes with one fan so the need of extra fans in higher performance computers slightly increases total cost.

EDIT: Fixed links to manufacture product pages instead of newegg's, and changed price ranges to make the interwebs not just neweggs. Guess i should re-read stuff before posting haha.

Np, already had the product pages linked on the OP. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

I love my HAF - X

The USB 3.0 cables and i believe every one is hating it..that is the only thing and it is not a biggie :D

i just hope they will provide a USB 3 internal header to replace it with the old ones.

• 2 weeks later...