Recommended Cases List

*goes WAY off-topic*

El_capitan is banned? D:

missed something during that time it seems, thought he was a pretty good member (obv don't know why he got banned).

And to stay a bit on topic, albeit it being an old topic, i can also recommend the Cooler Master 690 II Advanced.

missed something during that time it seems, thought he was a pretty good member (obv don't know why he got banned).

Whoa good catch same never heard anything bad to say about him...

Whoa good catch same never heard anything bad to say about him...

I also know him as a good guy. His ban had to do with personal stuff and reviews... Don't feel it's my place to say more than that.

I have two cases to recommend from experience:

$100-$150 (USD) Antec P18x

$100-$150 (USD) AntecP280

A few issues initially with vibrating with the P280, it needed some meatier screws around the plastic structure for the HDD/ODD area and some foam tape on the side panels. After that, it has been fine. Top panel is thin and lacks sound dampening material. Any of the Antec P18x range is really solid, it's a staple for the quiet/silent PC people. I had one for several years and it never put a foot wrong, over three builds.

• 1 month later...

I personally like the Thermal Take Armor Revo Full tower. - $189

In my opinion this is one of my favorites and just has it all.
I personally prefer the top mounted USB ports vs. the front facing.
The hot swapable hard drive port is an excellent and feature you use all the time once you have it.
The window and shape are unique enough and have a cool factor of 9.
The number of bays and slots make this a gamers or power users computer case.

Side fan is powered by a built in switch in the door and eliminates the clutter of more fan power cables.  Again this is a feature that I don't see why more cases do not come with.  The only thing to make this better is to have the switch with a standard fan connector so the user can swap fans and not have to try and hard wire them in like I did mine to have a light up fan on the side.

I personally hate the fact that they have discontinued this case, but I am thankful I have mine and know I will not need to upgrade my case for a long time.  Bring it back or at least update the line and keep them coming www.thermaltake.com.  

I had a full tower Lian Li case for almost ten years and it was a awesome case that served me well.

The Gene mid tower edition is also a great case for the users that are not hard core or need the shere size of the full tower.  Yet it still gives them the looks and 90% of the features of the full tower. Sad thing is that one has just ended its life cycle too. So I suggest you get yours while you can still find them.

So who else has this case and what have you done to mod your or have you kept it original?

I have seen some awesome mods and although mine is 100% original, I am thinking of modding mine. What do all like or hate about this case?

That would be great Cappy   :)

Much appreciated!

I think that the Corsair C70 should make the list.  Where it falls on the pricing scale depends on whether you can find it on sale.  A great case.  Roomy.  The convex side panel gives plenty of room for wire management and it's water cooling friendly.

Never knew how much I'd like carry handles built in until I bought the C70 and the side panel clasps are great!

Mini-build log here;

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=195521&hl=corsair+c70

Some cases worth of mention:

Fractal Core 3000 ($70): Solid mid tower design for those working on a budget.

Fractal Define Mini ($100): mATX design for those looking to a super quiet case, same great quality as the larger define models

Fractal Node 304 ($90): Current holder of the Computer Ed Golden Mic for cases this is a nice balnce in size for an mITX build. Large enough to allow some decent cooler options but small enough to enjoy the size reduction an mITX build brings.

Coolermaster N200 ($85): Another good option of an mATX build

Silverstone TJ08B-E ($110): This fits in line with the Arc Mini and N200, pricing and size. The Silverstone case flips the case around and delivers a virtual jet stream of cooling for the CPU with a 180mm intake in direct line with the CPU area and 120mm exhaust. The choice between these three cases at the end of the day is really about style, they all three are awesome choices.

Caselabs Mercury S3 (starting at $200): The term I use to describe this type of case is a Super ITX. The case is as big or even a bit bigger than some mATX cases. The extra size is there to allow a huge choice of cooling options, both air and custom liquid loop. The price is not low but the options for building and paint are amazing straight form the factor. 100% aluminum construction all made in the US. The case has no rivets, every part can be tore down for modding or custom painting. This also means you can change the case from the original configuration at a later date. Every part of the case can be bought independently for repairs or to change the layout. The price for the case may be high but for ultimate choices in building your system it is near impossible to beat.

I am having issues adding links, the editor does not seem to like IE11.

Edited by ComputerEd