Windows Phone 7 Launch

tkrow21

Windows Phone 7 devices will be available October 21 in Europe and November 8 in North America.

I've been following Windows Phone 7 for a while. At first, it was the Metro UI that caught my attention, as I had a Zune HD and the similar UI provided really easy and efficient functionality.

Personally, I'm going to get the Samsung Focus for AT&T, as I also really like the OLED screen on my Zune HD, and would like to see it on my phone. Samsung's build quality is really good, and 4 inches, I believe is the sweet spot between 3.5 inches (iPhone) and 4.3 inches (HTC EVO 4G).

Here's a video with some devices, features, and a general crash course in Windows Phone 7.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/presskits/windowsphone/videoGallery.aspx (The second one).

really excited for this. if developers are given freedom with the app development then i will be 100% on board with this. I like android but i really like the UI of my zunehd so i think ill like this better.

anyways, i hope this is a huge success because ill be getting a new phone this summer. hopefully its a windows 7 phone

really excited for this. if developers are given freedom with the app development then i will be 100% on board with this. I like android but i really like the UI of my zunehd so i think ill like this better.

anyways, i hope this is a huge success because ill be getting a new phone this summer. hopefully its a windows 7 phone

Summer? Damn. I would have had to wait until March, but my mom agreed to take my old 3GS and use her contract to buy myself a new phone.

• 2 weeks later...

Still havn't gotten anything newer than my WM6.1 enabled blackjack. Looking forward to this release and definatly considering waiting a little longer for WM7 phones to release. Since they are on a 1gHz snapdragon platform does this mean current snapdrgon phones will beable to run WM7 also? I only ask as I heard upgrades to WM7 may not be possible and yeah its obvious its not gonna run on my BJ heck WM6.1 bearly does it sometimes.