Mini ITX gaming build thats ultra portable!

Pteroduck

Pteroduck, on 22 Oct 2013 - 1:13 PM, said:

in that case, im guessing a foam damper will not help it then? and i need that much VRAM for texture packs, and 1440p :rolleyes:

No sound proofing will not help, look at an Aerocool DS case, that might fit your needs better.

As for the 6 Gig, I run a 3 Gig card with Skyrim loaded to the gills with HD textures at 1440 and have had no issues.

The 7990 still has 3GB/GPU, like a 7970.

Woah, really? But, i thought because its on a single pcb, its 6....

There are two GPUs on the single PCB each with 3GB(3+3=6), better to think of dual gpu video cards as two separate cards only using one PCIE mobo lane thingy

Ah ok i understand! Damn, branding. I'll go speak with my friend on that. two 7970's are better but its his choice not mine, i just build it :x.

If your still planning on a mini-itx board you will only be able to install one card.. only one pcie slot...a mATX board you could put 2 vid cards on though.. but wouldnt fit in that prodigy case you where looking at...

Looks like newegg had some R9 290x's in stock for a while there between 550 and $580

They're decently fast, not quite as quick as a 7990 but then you also don't need to worry about crossfire compatibility issues (I'm not sure how bad it is now, but when I had dual 4890s shortly after their release it wasn't too great.)