Cosmos II Ultra Case and Water Cooling

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just stumpled upon this thread as I am to starting this first venture into watercooling and boy, I am happy to see others that have seen the fine case from CM !

I am really looking forward to see your builds and certainly also my own. However, I am still getting the financials together so for now I am admiring your builds.

Cheers!

Just stumpled upon this thread as I am to starting this first venture into watercooling and boy, I am happy to see others that have seen the fine case from CM !

I am really looking forward to see your builds and certainly also my own. However, I am still getting the financials together so for now I am admiring your builds.

Cheers!

Hi Basic,

Welcome to OCC :) I just put in my second rad down below and am starting leak testing. I will post in a day or so. Looking forward to seeing yours as well.

Once again welcome!

I was actually researching something but I havent been able to find any answer so maybe you guys can help.

I am thinking of getting:

i5-2500K

Asus P8Z68 V-Pro/Gen3

The MSI 560 Ti Twin Frozr OC (something something) 1Gb - and maybe later do a SLI

an SSD

one or two rad's, the Swiftec MCP655, swifttec res.

and the fans that goes with the cosmos ii and the ones going on the rads.

HOWEVER, which PSU?

I am going to overclock the CPU, the GPU is already OC'ed some. But how big of an PSU (and which) would you recommend?

And which have you chosen?

Thanks! :D

Build a open table system until you get that case. :popcorn:

Well it's already in a HAF X, that's not the problem. But I have all my water cooling stuff but I can't install it cause I don't have my final case yet :(

I like the Silverstone Strider Gold Edition PSU's, they're fully modular and compact.

PS: Anyone wanna buy a Cosmos II from Newegg.com and ship it to me? This is getting ridiculous :lol:

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=67337&vpn=RC%2D1200%2DKKN1&manufacture=COOLERMASTER

See if their store is close to you and go pick it up yourself.

I was actually researching something but I havent been able to find any answer so maybe you guys can help.

I am thinking of getting:

i5-2500K

Asus P8Z68 V-Pro/Gen3

The MSI 560 Ti Twin Frozr OC (something something) 1Gb - and maybe later do a SLI

an SSD

one or two rad's, the Swiftec MCP655, swifttec res.

and the fans that goes with the cosmos ii and the ones going on the rads.

HOWEVER, which PSU?

I am going to overclock the CPU, the GPU is already OC'ed some. But how big of an PSU (and which) would you recommend?

And which have you chosen?

Thanks! :D

I would wait on the whole build. I would wait for ivy bridge and the Z77 chipset to come out, and I would be looking at getting the 660 ti soon to come.

Other than my personal opinion aside, I would say anything made by corsair or Silverstone is a great choice for a PSU. I prefer corsair because I have worked with their tech support before and I really like working with them. Silverstone is a great product, but I haven't had the opportunity to get up close and personal with one so I couldn't tell you anything different from what a google search would.

Maybe though you should start a new topic under system builds and get the system vetted. For the moment you build is not evenly spread out money wise, and I think you should be looking to drop that price down by about 200 so you can start looking at getting something like the 7970 rather than just a big case and water cooling. Just my two cents.