Need OC help fx8150

thats what im thinking because the card on newegg said 9-9-9-24, i dont know how that changed but it did...

what should i do? im on my laptop right now, my desktop is running that thing. Stop and we fix the problem or let it run?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats what im thinking because the card on newegg said 9-9-9-24, i dont know how that changed but it did...

what should i do? im on my laptop right now, my desktop is running that thing. Stop and we fix the problem or let it run?

Oh! It's reporting that in memtest? Don't worry about it, it reports that kind of stuff wrong all the time. :lol: Let it run. If it passes a full pass once you're probably good to go in terms of RAM. I'm not sure where I'd go next though to figure out what's causing your instability.

Assuming your CPU is at stock, and your RAM is working properly, you should be able to run Prime95 essentially forever. Does a specific core fail every time or is it random?

Oh it just randomly fails, so i just let it finish running?

Yeah let it finish at least one pass. That way you can be confident it's probably not your memory being flaky. :cheers:

Well then it's likely something to do with your CPU then. Hmmm...

So when you run Prime95 it just fails randomly on different cores each time?

1st of all, post ALL your system specs. In most probability it is NOT your CPU. The first place I would look is see if your memory is compatable with the motherboard. If your crashing like that, memory would be the 1st culprit and it could pass memtest. The Bulldozer platform is VERY finicky with memory. More finicky than any other platform. Trust me, I tested memory on the Bulldozer platform and some modules just do not work kindly with Bulldozer. We also need larger screen shots than what you posted. put them seperately. Third, screen shots of the bios would help. If you have an Asus or Asrock board, a usb flash drive and F12 in the bios saves the screen shot to the USB stick.

Edited by Drdeath