Camera and Laptop Bag Recomendations

SpeedCrazy

Hey Y'all,

I know we have some photography buffs out there so i hope some of y'all can help me with this.

I am going to be doing some travelling in the next few months and i need a bag that can hold my laptop (Dell precision M4800 w/ 15.6" screen) and my Nikon D5100 with all the related cables and accessories. It needs to fairly compact because it will be riding as an extra hand luggage bag on flights and as such will likely end up under my chair or between my legs.

My budget is a max of $100, but the cheaper the better so long as its good quality. AKA best bang for the buck under $100.

I have been looking at a number of bags, but I prefer to know what actually works for people.

Thanks,

Speed

EDIT: After having been googling this for the past hour i have decided two things: I rather limited my options when i bought such a big laptop, and 2 that for that size laptop >$100 is rather fanciful. So to justify the price hike i am going to add another criteria, it must be able to hold notebooks and such so i can use it when i go back to school in the fall.

New budget: Best bang for the buck >$200

Must hold:

15.6" laptop and charger + accessories(mouse and small external hdd)

Nikon D5100 DSLR + Charger, external flash and one extra lens(minimum)

A few books/notebooks/textbooks.

Edited by SpeedCrazy

Most will do what you want. My choices were severely limited when I bought my 17.3 laptop. I currently have a Toshiba bag for the big toshitba craptop I had. It now houses my 17.3 Hp, Canon ELPH 300hs, Taurus PT709 slim with 3 mags, and when needed my canon T3I. With all the cords and other stuff I need when I travel.

The best thing you can do is go to a store and look at them for yourself so you can get a real feel for them.

Most will do what you want. My choices were severely limited when I bought my 17.3 laptop. I currently have a Toshiba bag for the big toshitba craptop I had. It now houses my 17.3 Hp, Canon ELPH 300hs, Taurus PT709 slim with 3 mags, and when needed my canon T3I. With all the cords and other stuff I need when I travel.

The best thing you can do is go to a store and look at them for yourself so you can get a real feel for them.

Yeah, my problem is figuring out which ones will fit. One place says "fits 15in laptop" and means one 15" wide, the next says the same thing and means one with a 15" screen.

I have a toshiba bag, probably similar to yours that i have had for years, it fits the laptop and cables with a pocket camera and a few odds and ends but i can't fit my DSLR kit in it.

I'll have to see if there is a store somewhere nearby that has more than a few different bags.

I have the Lowepro Hatchback in amazingly blinding orange! I love it...though my laptop is much more netbook sized. However there might be some others that can accommodate the bigger deal. Haha

Why am i not surprised its orange?

I looked at that one, but i can't find a version that would take my laptop. The best one i have found so far is the lowpro compudaypack

I really wish the camera space was not so marginalized in it, but it does fit up to a 17" laptop. I really like the fastpak, but it supports up to a 15.4" laptop and i'm not sure if i could squeeze my 15.6" into it safely. there are packs out there that will do everything i want, but i rather doubt if they are small enough to take on a plane as a personal item along with my hand luggage. 

No doubt. I love the orange. Easy to find. It is the limit on size of bag I'd be willing to cram under a seat on the airplane.

Guess its time for a new laptop! Jk jk...I'm sure you'll find something. Just be sure if you do buy online you can return it in case you hate it...

No doubt. I love the orange. Easy to find. It is the limit on size of bag I'd be willing to cram under a seat on the airplane.

Guess its time for a new laptop! Jk jk...I'm sure you'll find something. Just be sure if you do buy online you can return it in case you hate it...

Well i was kinda thinking tiger orange but that works.

new laptop, this baby is all over 3 weeks old.... :( Definitely buying something with a return policy.

Well i was kinda thinking tiger orange but that works.

new laptop, this baby is all over 3 weeks old.... :( Definitely buying something with a return policy.

I understand you there. I hate having to find something to work with something else I just got. I got the ASUS T100 before christmas so it provided a ton of christmas gift ideas -- well played really...

But a camera bag is a hard one to settle on -- I'll be curious to see what you find/end up with.

• 1 month later...