Flow Rate for RP-452X2 ver 1.3 and 2 PMP 450 Pumps in Series

Ronsanut

I have the following in one loop and am looking for the optimal flow rate that I should be seeing. I have viewed may forums and the consensus seems to be that a good flow rate should be 1200LPM or 5.2 GPM. I am seeing 1.25 to 1.5 GPM with one loop and the following in the loop.

RP452X2 rev 1.3 with 2 PMP 450 in series with the TMS-205 and the PUMPs (dial set to 5 on pump) and Level 7 (8.75V) on the TMS 205 Sofwtare Control Software

SR1360 Rad

SR1480 Rad

EK Dominator X4 Ram Block (x 2)

EK HF Supreme CPU Block

EK FC680 GTX GPU blocks (x2)

The flow is RP452x2 > SR1360 >SR1480 > Ram Block1 > CPU >Ram Block 2 > GPU 1 & 2 (EK FC Parallel Bridge) > IMS-FM18 Flow Meter > RP452X2

I also am using Koolance VL3N QDC's ate the RP452x2, SR1 360 and SR1 480 and CPU block.

The Motherboard is an MSI Big Bang XPowerII and am running a i7-3630K (not yet overclocked) . Ambient is about 23C and CPU temps are about 25-27C at idle and not over 50 under load (Prime 95). The GPU temps (2 GTX 680,s) under load Unigine Benchhmark at 42-45C.

Any assistance would be welcome. Thanks.

I have viewed may forums and the consensus seems to be that a good flow rate should be 1200LPM or 5.2 GPM.

They're insane if they think you need 5+ GPM for any setup. :lol:

Anything over 1 GPM is plenty to avoid inter-loop water deltas. Since you've got that fancy controller what does your flow meter say when you max out the pumps with their rated 12 volts? I can't imagine it's much less than 2 GPM with that setup and that should be more than enough for any configuration.

I see well over 1 GPM with my single D5 (on setting 5) in a 452X2 with 12 volts input, 2 blocks (they are high flow though), and two 120.3 rads. That's just eyeballing flow rates, but using a flow rate calculator a while back I should be sitting at ~1.2-1.5 GPM.

They're insane if they think you need 5+ GPM for any setup. :lol:

Anything over 1 GPM is plenty to avoid inter-loop water deltas. Since you've got that fancy controller what does your flow meter say when you max out the pumps with their rated 12 volts? I can't imagine it's much less than 2 GPM with that setup and that should be more than enough for any configuration.

I see well over 1 GPM with my single D5 (on setting 5) in a 452X2 with 12 volts input, 2 blocks (they are high flow though), and two 120.3 rads. That's just eyeballing flow rates, but using a flow rate calculator a while back I should be sitting at ~1.2-1.5 GPM.

Thanks, I was hoping that is the case. The flow rate at level 7 on the TMS is about 1.25 GPM and when I tweak it all the way up to level 10 (full 12V) I get almost 1.5 GPM. Since my temps looked good to me I wasn't going to sweat it too much, but given all the research I did and the money I sank into this dream system it would have been eating at me if I was doing something wrong or had bad flow do to something I did or selected to cause some major restrictions.

Thanks.

What forums said you needed 5 GPM? I don't think a D5 will do that even with no restrictions. :lol:

Sorry , actually it wasn't a forum, it was a post to one of my Build Logs on You Tube from a viewer.

The pressure on your system at 5+ GPM, would be a massive amount. Id be worry about blowing a gasket. :rofl:

Someones ether really misleading you or they are in for a shock when they crank there own system up to that flow rate.

If you have dual pumps why not dual loops?? I never understood what a dual pump in serial would do aside from redundancy and slightly improved pump head pressure. Other then that i can't understand its purpose. For my system with dual gtx480s on ek fc 480 blocks with modified swiftech appogee xt on a I7 920. Radiators are a xspc ex120.1 and a 120.3 in a haf932. Res is a home built 2,5' pvc res. I really don't have any flow issues with a swiftech mcp655 (same as yours with a different branding) and to go even further my system will bleed itself without playing the tilting game.

If you have dual pumps why not dual loops?? I never understood what a dual pump in serial would do aside from redundancy and slightly improved pump head pressure. Other then that i can't understand its purpose. For my system with dual gtx480s on ek fc 480 blocks with modified swiftech appogee xt on a I7 920. Radiators are a xspc ex120.1 and a 120.3 in a haf932. Res is a home built 2,5' pvc res. I really don't have any flow issues with a swiftech mcp655 (same as yours with a different branding) and to go even further my system will bleed itself without playing the tilting game.

I thought about that especially since the RP452x2 is set up to support that , but based upon the research and input I received that temps were not going to be that significant if any, the pump redundancy factor, but most of all the aesthetics of the loop I planned in this case was the deciding factor. If I can figure out how to upload a picture here I will post one for you to see how the loop looks. I don't know how to post in this posting so I uploaded two pics in the Gallery

Ronsanut_Kick_Ass_Dream_System1.jpg and

Ronsanut_Kick_Ass_Dream_System_no_lights1.jpg.

I hope that was the best way to do this. Sorry new to posting pictures/images here. First time actually posting a picture.

Edited by Ronsanut

Id say your good to go.

If you move stuff around. You may get 1c less. But thats about it.

You got a nice clean setup now, with nice temps. Id stay with it. Why change something that works. :popcorn: