MW3 Blackout = Fail

El_Capitan

http://mp1st.com/ads/interstitial.html?oldurl=http://mp1st.com/2012/03/30/modern-warfare-3-fans-threaten-a-global-blackout-on-april-20th-due-to-lack-of-support/

So some gamers are pissed that they paid money for a game that has a lack of support. So they're going to stop playing a game they already paid for. :pfp:

Kids got to start growing up. Threaten to boycott Activision and Infinity Ward games until their demands are met. Once they see the numbers start to add up, Activision and Inifinity Ward will take notice. Instead, they're probably getting a kick out of all this while counting the millions of dollars they've made from a sloppy game.

As I said on another forum, Activision will just giggle and wait a day, then all will resume as normal.

You complain and boycott before a purchase, not after. Rocket science right there.

It is hard for me to comment since I can't see the website from here, but exactly what lack of support are they talking about? There has already been a few patches, the standard CoD DLC (map pack) and the game runs a lot smoother than MW2 and BLOPS did ...a lot less glitches too. Granted there are still some glitches in the game but they are no way over abused like they were in MW2 and BLOPS.

Not to mention the obvious about how stupid (that's the nicest word I can muster) it is boycotting now.

well apparently there are indeed some basic problems with the game judging by the article and video like GARBAGE GAMEPLAY... lol jk. but seriously, the guy says that there's lag issues, weapons and classes that are overpower, lack of options for the game and that kind of stuff.. basically things that other much older games have perfected a long time ago. what's funny is that activision and infinity noobs have released the same game like 5 times already with the same problems so I doubt they're gonna lift a finger for a bunch of nerds who paid 60 bucks for a game that they don't want to play for some reason nobody cares about. so ya... boycott fail. have fun not playing your stupid game while activision guys are driving in their Porches.

Edited by sack_patrol

I don't really see the point in this. Originally when I read "lack of support" I thought it meant like tech support for a bug in the game or something. But when I read that it was so that people could complain about game content I was speechless. First off, BF3 IS BF3 because they listened to people in the Marines and Army soldiers to make a real as possible game. If they had listened to gamers we would have had the same poison that has killed the MW series.

Seriously, BF2-3 is a haven for people that want a real shooter experience. All people like the protesters want is basically a cheap way to get kills in the game, or god forsaken perks. The only reason there are "overpowered" guns in the game is because they are overpowered in real life. If you are stupid enough to run around with a crappy sub machine gun and I have a assault rifle, don't go crying to the game maker that I killed you.(and yes, people have indeed done that if you were in disbelief). Get a better gun and man up.

I understand that some of this is about technical stuff, and I totally respect that side of the protest, but all the little noobs who want to just whine and complain about a game they already own can fall behind and get stomped the next day.

I love CoD.. ya'll are too 1337ist to love the mind numbing fun... BF3 feels "choppy" and doesn't have the smoothness that CoD has imo. I don't give a . if the game feels "real".. its a damn video game?

As far as "realistic" military shooters go, they can all bow to the ARMA games. They are the last of the true tactical shooters since the once great Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six franchises have been terribly consolized and dumbed down.

But back on topic, I doubt Activision/IW will do anything about this. Even if they ignore this issue they probably will still have the highest money making game this year with Call of Duty 9.

So what does matter to them then? People are still going to lap it up until they realize they've been playing $60 expansion packs for COD4 for the last 5 years, which at this rate looks pretty far off. Then again, maybe this little charade could be a turning point that makes people think toward that end, but pretty unlikely. :lol:

I generally play single player only though, so I have a somewhat biased view of COD. I like a long epic SP FPS experience like F.E.A.R. or HL2, etc. Call of Duty 1, 2, & 4 all had great single player, but after that the single player became a rushed, short, afterthought. I realize I'm in the small minority that don't play MP as much as SP, but I think its still important in a full priced game.

I don't really see the point in this. Originally when I read "lack of support" I thought it meant like tech support for a bug in the game or something. But when I read that it was so that people could complain about game content I was speechless. First off, BF3 IS BF3 because they listened to people in the Marines and Army soldiers to make a real as possible game. If they had listened to gamers we would have had the same poison that has killed the MW series.

Seriously, BF2-3 is a haven for people that want a real shooter experience. All people like the protesters want is basically a cheap way to get kills in the game, or god forsaken perks. The only reason there are "overpowered" guns in the game is because they are overpowered in real life. If you are stupid enough to run around with a crappy sub machine gun and I have a assault rifle, don't go crying to the game maker that I killed you.(and yes, people have indeed done that if you were in disbelief). Get a better gun and man up.

I understand that some of this is about technical stuff, and I totally respect that side of the protest, but all the little noobs who want to just whine and complain about a game they already own can fall behind and get stomped the next day.

I'll raise you an MP5 in a real war game. On a level playing field it doesn't matter what gun you use. It's how you use it. I can't understand why people complain about overpowered weapons, because really guns are made for killing. Some are just better than others for various reasons. :P

These companies don't give a crap. EA and Bioware just ruined two franchises. They don't give a crap and niether will Activison and IW. Game companies nowadays suck butt. All hail CD Projekt!!!!

I'll raise you an MP5 in a real war game. On a level playing field it doesn't matter what gun you use. It's how you use it. I can't understand why people complain about overpowered weapons, because really guns are made for killing. Some are just better than others for various reasons. :P

Inconsistency. If a developer is going to think like you then there's a tone of other elements that need to be made more realistic. The easy example is: when you die, you're dead forever. So, if you buy your game and die... you can't play it ever again. No respawns in real life. The point is that there is a balance between realism and fun in GAMES, and there are no games that even come close to what real warfare would feel or look like. So extracting the fun elements from real war and combining them with things that would make the game fun for everyone playing it. That is the reason that there shouldn't be overpowered weapons or classes. At the end of the day games will never come close to the real thing and the games that try to replicate it should always put fun for and the ability to compete before anything else.

Also I doubt that the developers actually decided to make some weapons op just because they are op in real life considering the rest of their game isn't even trying to be realistic... or to be a game...

All hail CD Projekt!!!!

I'm looking forward to mid-april for my free enhanced edition.

Edited by sack_patrol

Someone actually said BF3 was realistic? :rofl:

So I read the list of demands when I got to a location that doesn't have gaming websites blocked. Honestly the whole thing is one big fail. They got the idea from a BF3 Blackout (which surprisingly worked according to the article). So they come up with their list of things IW and Activision needs to support. The only item I would say is truly dumb and needs to be fixed is the "Machine Pistol Akimbo", but it is not just limited to the machine pistols. Even pistols such as the .44 Mag are OP when in akimbo. They just need to remove akimbo altogether as it doesn't really fit the game. People expect the guns to be accurate. For example, if I shoot between someone's legs then it is a miss. But with akimbo you don't even need the person in the large reticle to get the kill. Not to mention, pistols don't have a wide burst fire so drawing a huge wide range reticle like Gears of War or Mass Effect is just dumb.

All the rest of his complaints are really it would be ok to have but it's not like I miss it sort of stuff. I had to laugh when I saw him using the MP7. If I was to list my own demands, I would nerf the MP7, MK-14, Throwing Knives in addition to removing akimbo bs. I would probably also remove knifing even if it would piss most people off.

I love CoD.. ya'll are too 1337ist to love the mind numbing fun... BF3 feels "choppy" and doesn't have the smoothness that CoD has imo. I don't give a . if the game feels "real".. its a damn video game?

Wow, so there is another CoD fan?! You need to speak up more man. :lol:

Though I don't blame ya for staying in hiding.

At the end of the day games will never come close to the real thing and the games that try to replicate it should always put fun for and the ability to compete before anything else.

Gotta agree - games are purely for fun and should stay that way.