Vga to HDMI

Ok i have recently bought a monitor , it was a real steal  , i think around 50 euros for a 22" LG HD monitor so i couldn't resist , the thing is all the VGA TO Dvi-D DL connectors cost another 50 euros  :( I found a VGA to HDMI cable for like 5 euros so i can just plug it into my GPU's HDMI port , by the way my GPU is an Asus 670 DC2 , would that work? I've read around that improper use of HDMI might cause hardware damage :(

So you need HDMI out from your gpu to VGA in to your monitor?

That cable should work

I'm actually trying to find a way to plug in the second monitor , my DVI-I is occupied by the first monitor ,  i can't find a VGA to DVI-D DL which won't cost me a small fortune , so yeah it leaves me with a VGA to HDMI !

That cable should work

I'm actually trying to find a way to plug in the second monitor , my DVI-I is occupied by the first monitor ,  i can't find a VGA to DVI-D DL which won't cost me a small fortune , so yeah it leaves me with a VGA to HDMI !

Then it will work.

All DVI -> VGA converters are for DL DVI->VGA, so the little dongles that you get with most (all) graphics cards these days will work

That cable should work

Then it will work.

All DVI -> VGA converters are for DL DVI->VGA, so the little dongles that you get with most (all) graphics cards these days will work

Ok , awesome , thanx a bunch mate ;D

??? You cant go from HDMI to VGA.. Your going from a digital to analog signal. The cable can not convert this.

Move your monitor that is on the DVI-I connector to your other DVI port. Then buy the cheap dvi to vga adapter.

In your display settings you will have to move around your desktops so that your main desktop is on monitor 1.

??? You cant go from HDMI to VGA.. Your going from a digital to analog signal. The cable can not convert this.

Move your monitor that is on the DVI-I connector to your other DVI port. Then buy the cheap dvi to vga adapter.

In your display settings you will have to move around your desktops so that your main desktop is on monitor 1.

my GPU has two Different DVI ports , DVI-I and DVI-D ! 

the DVI-I is occupied by my current monitor and i can't find a DVI-D to vga adapter -_-

Edited by Justhavocman