DOTA 2

WhenKittensATK

The International tournament started earlier today. Has anyone tried to stream the live match? My crappy internet connection can't seem to handle the HD video quality. Guess I'll have to switch to the SD video quality format.

Pss......... Your link is to Battlefield 3 to Require Origin news post.

Here is the stream: http://dota2.com/tournaments/international/

Edited by Krazyxazn

• 1 month later...

One of the comments:

zeroskill says:

11:34am September 20 2011

Edit: looks like Free to play is confirmed, Dota 2 will have an ingame store like TF2:

"Store_New_Items" "New!"

"Store_Bundles" "Bundles"

"Store_Gear" "Gear"

"Store_Tools" "Tools"

"Store_Effects" "Effects"

Not sure how legit that is, but I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Valve to release the "The International" Build of DOTA 2 soon as possible. They were going to wait until 2012 to finish all the other champions and features, however they decided that there was a mass demand of players to play it in its current state and receive updates later.

http://www.destructoid.com/a-change-of-plans-at-valve-means-we-ll-get-dota-2-sooner-212040.phtml

• 2 weeks later...
A post on the official Dota 2 blog has highlighted the superb replay tools that’ll feature when the game gets released next year. The tools were hinted at during the Dota 2 tournament that took place at Gamescom.

According to the blog “replays are an important part of the Dota experience.” This is especially significant seeing as Dota 2′s current main competitor, League of Legends, doesn’t support any form of spectator mode at present.

The in-game tools will highlight matches played by your friends and your favourite teams. It’ll also allow you to search for high level players using your favourite heroes.

Players will be able to view matches from specific player’s perspectives, including their cursor movements and HUD interactions.

More inventive is the Directed Camera Mode. That’ll focus spectator’s attention during games by automatically tracking the most exciting action taking place.

Valve are also making a big deal out of commentaries – tools will be built into the game client, which will even allow you to switch between multiple languages and commentators on the fly.

As highlighted in the blog post, loads of lucky players are already testing out the new features in the Dota 2 beta. You’ll find a bunch of their streams on streamdota2.com. Which MOBA are you most excited about? Dota 2, Blizzard’s Dota, or one of the ones you’re already playing?

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/10/07/dota-2s-replay-tools-detailed-commentaries-recommendations-and-player-cams-incoming/

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw the Blizzard DOTA trailer during BlizzCon and I've gotta say, Valve will have a run for their money. I think there's no question they HAVE to make it F2P to be competitive. Blizzard's characters are so well known in the gaming community, that that will be a huge draw in and of itself. Who's a gamer going to want to play as if they haven't played the original DOTA, as Nova from SC2 or Witch Doctor from D3, or some hero that's specific to the DOTA universe?

You've lost me. Are you saying they are making new champions based around actual Blizzard characters or they just assigning exciting DOTA Heroes to Blizzard hero character models?

The trailer didn't go into details (maybe more will come later in the event), but from what it seemed, Blizzard DOTA's heroes would be characters from the three Blizzard franchises and the creeps would be units.

My point was, I don't know the names of DOTA characters. I know the names of all Starcraft and Diablo characters, and a few Warcraft characters.

Found the video, it was actually published yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx1JDEnrVK8

Unveiled Heroes:

Witch Doctor

Nova

Thrall

Arthas

Queen of Blades

Muradin

Za'Gara

Stitches

Zeratul