Watch Dogs

ClayMeow

Ubisoft and NVIDIA announced that they will work together to improve pc graphics in Ubisoft's games. Splinter Cell was the first game, then AC 4, and now watch dogs has been annonuced. I really hope they pull of some amazing things, cause the game has soo much potential!

Yes, Watch Dogs has been announced. You're just a bit late to it. :P

• 1 month later...

kinda of a drag when i seen this.  But then this made me smile:

"Our long term goal is to win the next generation. The tough decisions we are taking today to fully realize the major potential of our new creations have an impact on our short-term performance. We are convinced that, longer term, they will prove to be the right decisions both in terms of satisfaction for our fans and in terms of value creation for our shareholders. We are building franchises that will become perennial pillars of Ubisoft

Well that explains why there was no Watch Dogs Steam page put up when the AC4 Steam page went up, despite them having the same release dates. Thank god it's because of a delay and not because it was Uplay-only.

I'm perfectly fine with the delay - in fact, I'm glad! One of the main reasons I haven't pre-ordered Watch Dogs is because I already have BAO pre-ordered and I figured I'd still be playing that by the time WD dropped.

Well that explains why there was no Watch Dogs Steam page put up when the AC4 Steam page went up, despite them having the same release dates. Thank god it's because of a delay and not because it was Uplay-only.

I'm perfectly fine with the delay - in fact, I'm glad! One of the main reasons I haven't pre-ordered Watch Dogs is because I already have BAO pre-ordered and I figured I'd still be playing that by the time WD dropped.

Though I strongly doubt it will be U-Play only, I do remember seeing something about Watch_Dogs having some deep U-Play 4.0 integration, for handling its multiplayer stuff. We won't be free of U-Play, it will just probably launch first, like it does for other Ubisoft games on Steam.

Though I strongly doubt it will be U-Play only, I do remember seeing something about Watch_Dogs having some deep U-Play 4.0 integration, for handling its multiplayer stuff. We won't be free of U-Play, it will just probably launch first, like it does for other Ubisoft games on Steam.

Yeah, I'm fine with that - after the initial activation, Uplay acts no differently than a launcher does for other games (eg. BL2) and I've never had any issues with it. Only thing I don't like about Uplay is that Ubisoft doesn't implement Steam Achievements, just their own Uplay ones.

I just like having my games in one place (Steam) and thus why I'd be disappointed if it was Uplay-only.

I know what you mean, but then I've had and seen some... interesting experiences with U-Play that make me dislike some. Not enough for me to object to using it! Just enough for me to really prefer Steam.

Updating games via U-Play can be a real pain as the auto-patcher will download one update at a time, for the same game. So if there are multiple updates, you have to restart the game (to trigger the auto-patcher) multiple times before you are up-to-date. Not so with Steam. Also apparently there is a bug with Splinter Cell Blacklist that causes the auto-patcher to not work. Steam's update system is immune to the bug though.

Probably my favorite experience with U-Play though was actually not with the software, but with Ubisoft support. I was having some trouble with a game crashing, so I contacted them, and twice they said I should try verifying the cache. That's a Steam feature U-Play doesn't replicate. Tech support just assumed I had a Steam copy, even after I said I did not :lol:

Eh, I've still had worse experiences with software and tech support, and these issues are less frustrating than they may sound, so if U-Play is the only option, U-Play it is.

It'd be nice just to have a placeholder page though so can add it to my wishlist. Especially seeing as there are games with other uncertain dates like Murdered Soul Suspect has "2014" as the release date.

I feel sorry for those who have pre-ordered the watch dogs PS4 bundle. they thought they were getting a game & PS4 at launch now they'll need to fork over more dough for another game in the mean time.

Yeah, I'm fine with that - after the initial activation, Uplay acts no differently than a launcher does for other games (eg. BL2) and I've never had any issues with it. Only thing I don't like about Uplay is that Ubisoft doesn't implement Steam Achievements, just their own Uplay ones.

I just like having my games in one place (Steam) and thus why I'd be disappointed if it was Uplay-only.

Never had any Uplay issues either. However i hate having to remember another password & account. Its just another hoop to jump through before i can play my games. Download steam game, install / update uplay, launch game, download game update via uplay.

That & the lack of steam achievements.

Edited by bilcliff

• 2 weeks later...

Meant to post this here earlier....I had the pleasure of seeing a live, real-time demo of Watch Dogs, which you can read about here :). If you have any questions about what I saw, feel free to ask, and I'll try and answer to the best of my ability (and memory). Sadly I was not allowed to take any photos/videos :(

I honestly feel that this game will be ten times better than gtav, do you agree?

Absolutely. As I imply in that article, I think GTAV (and GTA games in general) is a great sandbox, but that doesn't make it a great game. Watch Dogs is looking to have that sandbox experience, but actually have game. What I saw played out was way more interesting than any gameplay I've seen of GTAV and that was just one mission.