Am I CPU limited

Guest Black gold saw.

:rolleyes: Please explain exactly what the issue is then. Obviously the fact the I've run a far more lopsided system doesn't mean anything.

It's a AMD CPU with multi-GPU's.

This is naturally a recipe for disaster.

/thread.

It's a AMD CPU with multi-GPU's.

This is naturally a recipe for disaster.

/thread.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm done with this.

Guest Black gold saw.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm done with this.

Says you :whistling:

I'm stating facts. What credibility do you have? From what i'm seeing you're losing your cred the more and more you oppose facts. :cheers:

Says you :whistling:

I'm stating facts. What credibility do you have? From what i'm seeing you're losing your cred the more and more you oppose facts. :cheers:

:lol: Whatever you say.

Am I the only one laughing at the use of IPC and single-threaded performance as if they are different things?

:lol: Whatever you say.

Am I the only one laughing at the use of IPC and single-threaded performance as if they are different things?

I am laughing at the fact that quadfire on an unlocked x3 doesn't seem to count for any credibility in a discussion about multi gpu set ups with an AMD CPU.

Also find it funny that a 16 year old with a compulsion to upgrade and that some new guy that was banned from their old forum both have more credibility than someone who ran quadfire with an AMD CPU.

If you had nothing right and had to buy a CPU, you would get an Intel Sandybridge.

One thing we are missing though is the fact that his GPU usage is so low. I remember I had this with even my HD 4870 in BFBC2. My CPU was at 80%+ but my GPU was never fully maxed at 100%. With my i7 it has been 100% in basically every game(except console ports like Mass Effect that don't even need that much power to get 60FPS :D)

So OP, if you have the money and can upgrade, maybe go for a bulldozer for now since that way you won't have to spend money on a new motherboard/RAM.

Guest Black gold saw.

If you had nothing right and had to buy a CPU, you would get an Intel Sandybridge.

One thing we are missing though is the fact that his GPU usage is so low. I remember I had this with even my HD 4870 in BFBC2. My CPU was at 80%+ but my GPU was never fully maxed at 100%. With my i7 it has been 100% in basically every game(except console ports like Mass Effect that don't even need that much power to get 60FPS :D)

So OP, if you have the money and can upgrade, maybe go for a bulldozer for now since that way you won't have to spend money on a new motherboard/RAM.

Bulldozer is EVEN WORSE..

Guest Black gold saw.

The tier for gaming goes like this. Sandybridge > Nehalem > core 2 > K10/.5 > Bulldozer.

The tier for gaming goes like this. Sandybridge > Nehalem > core 2 > K10/.5 > Bulldozer.

Holy ., how much of a blatant fanboy can you be? Seriously it makes all of us Intel users look bad.

Just so you know, Bulldozer performs at the same level as sandy bridge in BF3, even better actually. Enjoy

Edited by Krieg1337