Next (8th) Gen Console Predictions

Fogel

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only difference is in tense. Other than that, nope.

Made up - thought up etc, make up - are part of something..

Did read somewhere that the PS Vita might be used in a similar fashion to the Wii U tablet.

Edited by Dan The Gamer

Made up - thought up etc, make up - are part of something..

Make up/made up also mean to devise as a fiction or falsehood; invent.

Did read somewhere that the PS Vita might be used in a similar fashion to the Wii U tablet.

Yes, from here.

You're both right.

Make/made up could both be used as being comprised of a whole or to imagine/think something up.

make up

1. To put together; construct or compose: make up a prescription.

2. To constitute; form: Ten years make up a decade.

3. a. To alter one's appearance for a role on the stage, as with a costume and cosmetics.b. To apply cosmetics.

4. To devise as a fiction or falsehood; invent: made up an excuse.

5. a. To make good (a deficit or lack): made up the difference in the bill.b. To compensate for: make up for lost time.

6. To resolve a quarrel: kissed and made up.

7. To make ingratiating or fawning overtures. Used with to: made up to his friend's boss.

8. To take (an examination or course) again or at a later time because of previous absence or failure.

9. To set in order: make up a room.

10. Printing To select and arrange material for: made up the front page.

Welcome to English. Where the words are made up and the points don't matter :lol:

Make up/made up also mean to devise as a fiction or falsehood; invent.

Yes, from here.

It could also mean other things, you chose the wrong context, that or you're messing with my head :O

I don't think it was from OCC, probably EGM but meh, it seems like a good idea :)

I hate it when people post a post a second after you press reply :lol:

Edited by Dan The Gamer

It could also mean other things, you chose the wrong context, that or you're messing with my head :O

I don't think it was from OCC, probably EGM but meh, it seems like a good idea :)

I hate it when people post a post a second after you press reply :lol:

This is not an English debate. This is a thread for game consoles.

First Edit to Original Post Made

- Added BP's news article information

- Added a section heading so that references would stand out more

- Added missing numbers and words so statements were clearer (i.e. "only wii controller per system" => "only 1 wii controller per system")

By the way, Nintendo responded to the negative press in true Nintendo fashion. :)

IGN

"Following a report from Gamesindustry International that quoted unnamed developers saying that the Wii U isn't on a par with the 360 and PS3, Nintendo has told Yahoo's Digital Trends that the "experience of play" is what's important.

"We do not focus on technology specs," said the Nintendo of American representative. "We understand that people like to dissect graphics and processing power, but the experience of playing will always be more important than raw numbers."

This doesn't confirm that the Wii U is less powerful than some current-gen consoles, but it doesn't flat-out deny it either.

The as-yet-unconfirmed original report on Monday quoted an anonymous developer who's been working with Wii U. "It's not up to the same level as the PS3 or the 360... The graphics are just not as powerful," he alleged. Another developer at a "major company" is also quoted, saying "It doesn't produce graphics as well as the PS3 or the 360... it's not as capable. Sure, some things are better, mostly as a result of it being a more modern design. But overall the Wii U just can't quite keep up."

Other developers have gone on record to say how pleased they are to be working with the Wii U, Randy Pritchford among them - though that praise has focussed on the machine's unique capabilities rather than its graphical grunt.

Given the revolutionary potential of the Wii U's tablet controller, do graphics even matter for this particular console?"

To be fair, Nintendo has not been about pushing the boundaries of graphics in some time. They would rather have an affordable system that looks just good enough for most yet is fun for everyone.

To be further fair to Nintendo, IBM's chip is something like this:

Max. CPU clock rate 2.4 GHz to 4.25 GHz

Cores 4, 6, 8

L1 cache 32+32 KB/core

L2 cache 256 KB/core

L3 cache 16MB-32 MB (4MB per core)

This will give their machine 16MB of L3 which the PS3/360 did not have. Most games aren't optimized past 4 cores anyways, especially the ones that go on consoles. Still crossing my fingers that Nintendo will surprise us at E3 with a better graphics card but I think I have a better chance of finding that "mising" lottery ticket.

Hmmm my predictions for the PS4...

Ivy Bridge-E 8 core 16 thread at 6Ghz with full phase change cooling system

64Gb of 2400mhz DDR3 RAM

4 x GK110 in quad SLI cooled with full watercooling loop

Dual Corsair AX1200 PSU's

1Tb OCZ RevoDrive PCI-E SSD

Blu-Ray drive of course

Estimated price : TBD

:woot:

Hmmm my predictions for the PS4...

Ivy Bridge-E 8 core 16 thread at 6Ghz with full phase change cooling system

64Gb of 2400mhz DDR3 RAM