Server rig folding questions

Renigade

Ok who is folding using server set ups like 4 CPU Boards or know anything about folding with server rigs?

I would like to start looking into using an Opteron set up. Right now Im running 3 Quad core AMDs 2 ATI cards and 1 Nvidia Card and barely showing 30Kppd in HFM.NET and SLAMMMMMMING my electric bill. I dont want to stop folding but I dont want to continue to pay the ELE Co's all that extra cash

From what I understand if you want to get the BEST PPD/$ you need to spend more money and go with a 4 chip server board.

Edited by Renigade

Ok who is folding using server set ups like 4 CPU Boards or know anything about folding with server rigs?

I would like to start looking into using an Opteron set up. Right now Im running 3 Quad core AMDs 2 ATI cards and 1 Nvidia Card and barely showing 30Kppd in HFM.NET and SLAMMMMMMING my electric bill. I dont want to stop folding but I dont want to continue to pay the ELE Co's all that extra cash

From what I understand if you want to get the BEST PPD/$ you need to spend more money and go with a 4 chip server board.

That was the case but I think now video cards are the way to go for best ppd for the amount of power used... Not sure there still jacking with the clients but I am getting 28,000 ppd out of a gtx 560ti 448 core... I have been waiting to see what happens with the gpu clients and the new 600 series cards is what I want to get next a couple 660ti maybe...

Been pulling 28 from my 560Ti as well. The wife's 980X is pulling 37k a day on its own.  

My god 980X . thats Insane.. I would love to get 1 PC and get 50K a day from just 1 CPU and GPU..

2 PCs are costing me 100$ a month to Fold .. I would like to whittle that down  to 1 PC getting 2 or 3 times the PPD

Edited by Renigade

Been pulling 28 from my 560Ti as well. The wife's 980X is pulling 37k a day on its own.  

My god 980X . thats Insane.. I would love to get 1 PC and get 50K a day from just 1 CPU and GPU..

Core i7 920 at 3.6 and a single GTX 560Ti net me around 44k a day. When I ran the GTX 450 I was getting about 14k less on average. If I put together the SB-E rig and run 2 GTX 580's I would push some serious PPD.