How does a water-cooler work?

i actually had a network error with my ipod so i kept pressing post then i just saw it now that i posted it 7 times :lol:

Next time this happens acknowledge the mistake, so you're not accused of trolling. Edit the duplicates saying they're duplicates or, if you can't edit for whatever reason, post apologizing for the duplicates, and explain the issue, just like you did here, but earlier.

Any more questions about water cooling?

i actually had a network error with my ipod so i kept pressing post then i just saw it now that i posted it 7 times :lol:

An APPLE USER!!!! You are a troll!!!!! :mfp:

Okay serious liquid cooling is like uber easy, it is functionally the same way your car is cooled. Liquid is a great heat carrier becuase it will pick it up and release it easily. The water runs through a water block that is in direct contact with the heat spreader of the PC. The heat from the spreader moves into the block and the liquid grabs it as it passes over. The liquid is then moved to a radiator where the heat is removed by moving air over the radiator surface.

A big mistake BTW in your post title is water cooling. Like in a car water can work but is not really the most efficient way to remove the heat. A supstances with similiar properties to the coolant in your car is used. Not only does this liquid do a better job of dealing with heat, it has a lower high boil point to reduce actual pressure in the system and has chemicals in it to stop corrosion and bacteria growth.

An APPLE USER!!!! You are a troll!!!!! :mfp:

Okay serious liquid cooling is like uber easy, it is functionally the same way your car is cooled. Liquid is a great heat carrier becuase it will pick it up and release it easily. The water runs through a water block that is in direct contact with the heat spreader of the PC. The heat from the spreader moves into the block and the liquid grabs it as it passes over. The liquid is then moved to a radiator where the heat is removed by moving air over the radiator surface.

A big mistake BTW in your post title is water cooling. Like in a car water can work but is not really the most efficient way to remove the heat. A supstances with similiar properties to the coolant in your car is used. Not only does this liquid do a better job of dealing with heat, it has a lower high boil point to reduce actual pressure in the system and has chemicals in it to stop corrosion and bacteria growth.

I HATE APPLE!!!!! :whoa:

the only good product they made was the ipod and iphone, the ipad sucks and their macs are .! :yucky::snap:

I HATE APPLE!!!!! :whoa:

the only good product they made was the ipod and iphone, the ipad sucks and their macs are .! :yucky::snap:

I personally am not impressed with my iPod Touch, but that's a topic for another thread. (Large reason why I got it was to learn the interface, same as if I got any Mac.)

:dunno: so basically water pumps into the pipes from the pump and gets in contact with the CPU to cool it down then gets repumped?

Right idea, certainly not wrong, but I'll try to explain it starting somewhere else in the loop if only to state it another way.

Starting at the CPU, there is a plate between the CPU itself and the water, because you normally don't want water on the CPU. The plate allows a transfer of heat from the CPU to the cooler water. The water travels through a pipe, or tube, or whatever to the radiator, to transfer it's heat to the cooler air. The now cooler water returns to the CPU to carry away heat again, and the cycle continues.

I personally am not impressed with my iPod Touch, but that's a topic for another thread. (Large reason why I got it was to learn the interface, same as if I got any Mac.)

Right idea, certainly not wrong, but I'll try to explain it starting somewhere else in the loop if only to state it another way.

Starting at the CPU, there is a plate between the CPU itself and the water, because you normally don't want water on the CPU. The plate allows a transfer of heat from the CPU to the cooler water. The water travels through a pipe, or tube, or whatever to the radiator, to transfer it's heat to the cooler air. The now cooler water returns to the CPU to carry away heat again, and the cycle continues.

ThanX :thumbsup:

i get how it works :thx: