Ahhhh... rich people

Andrewr05

Dude, dont even start. I live on Nantucket, its like ghetto for rich people. It almost hurts to watch them flushing money down the drain on any imaginable and unimaginable occasion.

Grats on TV though! What's better than a 60" TV? A free 60" TV!

Edited by Neebitemnemo

A lot of rich people are that way because they know how to scrimp pennies, save money and in general just be tight with it.

Really?  I'm surrounded by millionaires and billionaires and none of them ever worked for their money.  If there is a self made one among them they got rich by being a bastard, not by being frugal.  And free TV?  Only if you fish it out of the dumpster.  That's right, not garbage cans, rich people need dumpsters for all of the crap they consume.

Sweet deal on the free tv for sure, but I honestly have never met a rich person that would allow a Visio tv in their house lol.

Some wealthy people get (or stay that way) by being extremely frugal with their finances   :)

And I'm not talking about "silver spooners" either.  I'm talking about self made millionaire / billionaire folks like the Waltons, Tysons, Stevens etc.  And by the way, even the silver spooners probably had a family member somewhere in  their lineage that made and hoarded all of the money to begin with.   

Andrew - as for the HDMI ports.  On all Vizio TVs that I'm familiar with, the input/output jacks are soldered to the main board.  There isn't a separate daughter board that controls the external plugs.  However, the board swap is easy.  Make sure TV is unplugged.  Remove all the back panel screws, pull the back cover.  Locate the main board  Unplug the ribbon connectors and other wires connected to the main board.  Remove the six (or more screws) holding the main board onto the TV.  Swap boards.  Reverse process and you're done.

There are plenty of outlets for finding good used replacement parts, but I highly recommend ShopJimmy.com

He is a younger kid who started the business with a buddy.  He has a very good operation, is very active in the reverse logistics industry and I've met him at trade shows on multiple occasions.  He's a pretty good dude.  If you'll give me the part number of your TV I'll try and find the correct board for you.

I got a new garage fridge that was being thrown out by a neighbor. He works out of the country and he came home to a terrible smell and a non-cooling fridge. It would have been probably $300-$400 to fix and that was all the fridge was worth if working. So, he bought a new one and left this one at the top of his driveway. After sitting there for two weeks since the garbage people would take it, I rolled it down the street into my garage. I found a great forum on appliance repair and determined that a $90 part was at fault. So, so less than $100 and a few hours of my time doing diagnosis I ended up with a seven year old 26 cu ft. fridge for my garage.

It's not a rich vs. poor thing. It's a matter of balancing time, cost and personal standards.

Lol, kind of off topic but I thought I would add to the stupid rich people theme. 

The other day I was in a store called de ja vu audio. The specialize in high end audio. 

This guy walks in with a suit case, walks past everyone, goes right to the western electric horns and says "I want that one". The owner of the store said, "ok, that will be $45,000" for a 10% down payment PLUS you will have to buy a dac, amp, so forth and so on. He said "that's ok", opens up the suit case with 100K in it. 

So he ends up putting the speakers in his home, and due to the size of the speakers, they pretty much take up the whole living room. 

The wife goes ballistic. She says either the speakers go, or I go. So after a fight, the guy leaves. Leaves his house, his wife, everything and takes the speakers with him. 

The wife up and leaves too. They leave the 5.2 million dollar home to the owner of the audio store. 

Believe it or not......this happens more often than not. 

yup, my bro-in-law the tax accountant pays cash for cars and pretty much everything,....for him, "no big deal" but he worked his way up to that by building his business from scratch and being decent to folks for a long time...ya don't have to be overly miserly or mean spirited to get ahead, just decent, considerate, and practical/pragmatic...

oh yea, he's good to my nieces and and nephew too,...i like that...

Sweet deal on the free tv for sure, but I honestly have never met a rich person that would allow a Visio tv in their house lol.

I took a chance on Vizio 42" plasma several years ago, and I've had several others in the house since then.  That Vizio is still my favorite t.v. out of all of them we have.  The only complaint I have is the speakers, but that's nothing a nice set of surround speakers didn't help. :)

Lol, kind of off topic but I thought I would add to the stupid rich people theme.

The other day I was in a store called de ja vu audio. The specialize in high end audio.

This guy walks in with a suit case, walks past everyone, goes right to the western electric horns and says "I want that one". The owner of the store said, "ok, that will be $45,000" for a 10% down payment PLUS you will have to buy a dac, amp, so forth and so on. He said "that's ok", opens up the suit case with 100K in it.

So he ends up putting the speakers in his home, and due to the size of the speakers, they pretty much take up the whole living room.

The wife goes ballistic. She says either the speakers go, or I go. So after a fight, the guy leaves. Leaves his house, his wife, everything and takes the speakers with him.

The wife up and leaves too. They leave the 5.2 million dollar home to the owner of the audio store.

Believe it or not......this happens more often than not.

How'd you find all this out? :lol:

And remember - the real "rich" people are the ones you'd probably never suspect.